Nightwish/Volbeat tour in Spring '09

Alright, to all you East Coast people- Fucking BBQ at my place in CT either pre-show or post show! (Haven't decided yet). I'll have wine and beer and BBQ!

-MetalRose

MMMMMM, BBQ! I gather all Nightwish fans are invited? Cool! My wife will bring the pock and chicken tocino.:headbang::headbang: Maybe some vodka(Finlandia, of course) laced flan, too?

Ugh... This will depend on my start dates for my internship this summer. A Thursday night show when it takes five hours to drive from Mobile to Atlanta does not sound good. *crosses fingers*

Food and beer? I'm there.

I'll bring the blow-up sheep. I mean cake! Sorry. Yeah. Cake.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a fan of used sheep in latex clothing. But a latex sheep covered in cake is alright in my book!

MMMMMM, BBQ! I gather all Nightwish fans are invited? Cool! My wife will bring the pock and chicken tocino.:headbang::headbang: Maybe some vodka(Finlandia, of course) laced flan, too?

Well not all Nightwish fans, but people I know and am friends with are welcome as well as anyone travelling with them and spouses/ SO's. I'm not having the "Well I'm a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend " type BBQ.

-Metal

I just want to know how long it's going to stay there, because it's fucking horrendous.

Jesus fucking christ man, did you have to make it SO in your face?

attention_whore2.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a fan of used sheep in latex clothing. But a latex sheep covered in cake is alright in my book!

Well not all Nightwish fans, but people I know and am friends with are welcome as well as anyone travelling with them and spouses/ SO's. I'm not having the "Well I'm a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend " type BBQ.

-Metal

I change the oil in the car of the dude's brother who sold you a banana last week..... can I come?

Alright, to all you East Coast people- Fucking BBQ at my place in CT either pre-show or post show! (Haven't decided yet). I'll have wine and beer and BBQ!

-MetalRose

Not that it will make much of a difference but I'm probably heading over from work so I won't be there early enough. I'd be up for hanging out after the show maybe. Depends who we have in tow with us.

-MetalRose

This sounds like a can't-miss event! I'm putting it on my calendar and will make every effort to be there. I'll probably need a corner of carpet to crash on since I'm coming from Jersey. I dunno about the Finlandia, but if someone is able to locate a bottle of Koskenkorva ANYWHERE here, I'd be in heaven.

I want to like them, but I don't. :)

And I'll pass on Bananatration thanks!

-Metal
ban_dance01.gif
I have the same problem with cucumbers.
gif-pict-cucumber-2.gif

I just want to know how long it's going to stay there, because it's fucking horrendous.

Jesus fucking christ man, did you have to make it SO in your face?

I agree his sig. is definitely a little too "in-your-face" and it's tiresome reading it, but I hate when people say "Jesus f*ing Christ" so I guess we all have to put up with something.

Forgive me for not adding to the flying insults (sounds like the name of a band: The Flying Insults) in this thread, but has anyone been to the Nokia Theater in New York?

My wife and I are thinking of flying to NY to see Nightwish and Volbeat on May 2. Any opinion on the venue or where one should stay nearby?

As far as Tarja goes, I used to think she was perfect in Nightwish. But I really like Anette. I think I prefer Nightwish now.

That typed, frankly, this seems akin to the Barlow vs. Ripper argument. Each has his/her strengths and weaknesses. Why waste brain cells getting worked up about it?

Bill

Forgive me for not adding to the flying insults (sounds like the name of a band: The Flying Insults) in this thread, but has anyone been to the Nokia Theater in New York?

My wife and I are thinking of flying to NY to see Nightwish and Volbeat on May 2. Any opinion on the venue or where one should stay nearby?

As far as Tarja goes, I used to think she was perfect in Nightwish. But I really like Anette. I think I prefer Nightwish now.

That typed, frankly, this seems akin to the Barlow vs. Ripper argument. Each has his/her strengths and weaknesses. Why waste brain cells getting worked up about it?

Bill
The Nokia is one of my favorite venues. Being so close to Times Square, it's hard to find a reasonable place to stay. The Milford Plaza at 700 8th Ave. is real close and bands often stay there, but it's pricey. Expedia has rooms for that w.e. staring at $341/night.

A bit further away is the Hotel Saint James at 109 West 45th. I haven't stayed there, but the reviews are that it is old and a bit worn, but very clean and very affordable ($195) for NYC.

Another choice is to stay in Hoboken (this one is in view of the Holland Tunnel) and take the PATH train in. Short ride and it runs all night.

For before dinner munchies and libations, I hit Smiths on 44th and 8th (across from Milford Plaza). Not fancy, but decent bar food at the best prices in the area. Hope that helps. See ya there. :headbang: