Noooooooooo!!!!! Nightwish....ahhhhh

SheisMySin

Apr 24, 2006
Jesus CRAP their new singer sounds HIDEOUS in the new sample online.

I get that it's a 40 second sample, but lord...her voice sounds like every other rocker chick band singer in the world. No range at all, and just not a majestic soft style that Tarja was unique for.

Man...I'd rather break up the band than listen to a singer like this!!!

:-(

They have been my #1 favorite band for like...10 years now! How am I going to get over this. I feel like I just got dumped by my gf. :'-(

Based on this photo I would say "yes":

promo-anette.jpg

There is something severely wrong with how several of the guys in the band look though...

promo-nightwish1.jpg

I just found the full version on the net...and yeah...it IS that bad.

It's not that bad if you like Lullacry, Within Temptation, After Forever female vocals....but none of them have the same soft operatic vocals of Tarja. She really could sing garbage lyrics if she wanted to, and she would sound like an angel.

I thought the "Noooooo!!!! Nightwish....ahhhhh" was in response to Nightwish's perseverence to continually exist. I'll just pretend it was and agree.

Jesus CRAP their new singer sounds HIDEOUS in the new sample online.

I get that it's a 40 second sample, but lord...her voice sounds like every other rocker chick band singer in the world. No range at all, and just not a majestic soft style that Tarja was unique for.

Man...I'd rather break up the band than listen to a singer like this!!!

:-(

They have been my #1 favorite band for like...10 years now! How am I going to get over this. I feel like I just got dumped by my gf. :'-(
That's the problem with fanboyism. You expect the replacement to be unnoticeable.

>>>>That's the problem with fanboyism. You expect the replacement to be unnoticeable.

Maybe.

I didn't like Ripper in Iced Earth at first, but I very quickly grew to love him just as much as the old singer.

Scott