23 May 2009 7:00 P
Newport Music Hall Columbus, Ohio
24 May 2009 7:00 P
Clutch Cargo’s Pontiac, Michigan
26 May 2009 7:00 P
Grand Ballroom @ The Manhattan New York, New York
27 May 2009 7:00 P
9:30 Club Washington DC, Washington DC

Recently spoke with someone very close to the Opeth camp, and he told me that Opeth only are doing 5-6 shows over here, so most of the Enslaved dates are probably without Opeth.

I guess this is why Enslaved cancelled thier tour last month. Good for them...while I am not a fan, they are a band that deserves the exposure.

They left the booking agent they had for North America to move to a bigger North American booking agent. To put it in a Chi-town perspective: You should notice that they will be playing in Chicago more often than the Pearl Room. I think you would approve of that. :lol:

Recently spoke with someone very close to the Opeth camp, and he told me that Opeth only are doing 5-6 shows over here, so most of the Enslaved dates are probably without Opeth.

Well, hopefully they'll do either the show May 1st in Jersey or the 26th in NYC. I'm dying to see Opeth live.

Fantastic news!!! Not only that Opeth and Enslaved will be playing at the House of Blues on May 6...but also just found out that Carcass will be playing at the Pearl Room on March 15. 2009 is shaping up to be another good year for concerts!!! :kickass:

Taken from the press-release sent by Nuclear Blast this morning:

ENSLAVED TO OPEN FOR OPETH ON NORTH AMERICAN TOUR THIS MAY

Recent Norwegian Grammy winners ENSLAVED will be direct support for Opeth on their upcoming North American tour. The 23-show stint will launch on May 1st on Sayreville, New Jersey and end on May 27th in Washington D.C.

Ivar Bjørnson, ENSLAVED’s songwriter and guitarist comments: "I am stoked that we are going out with Opeth. We have been admirers of Opeth's work for years, specially the direction of their newer works. This is great news for us to take back to our loyal fans and friends in North America at this point; the reception for our newest album Vertebrae has been fantastic and unforgettable. We can't wait to present the songs live; we promise you won't be let down! Finally, we wish to express our sincere gratitude to Opeth for giving us this opportunity."

Headlining shows in late May/early June will soon be announced. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Fri 01 May – Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
Sat 02 May – Boston, MA - House of Blues Boston
Sun 03 May – Montreal, QC - Le Medley
Mon 04 May – Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
Tue 05 May – Millvale, PA - Mr. Small's Place
Wed 06 May – Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Fri 08 May – Omaha, NE - Sokol Auditorium
Sat 09 May – Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
Mon 11 May – Boise, ID - Knitting Factory Concert House
Tue 12 May – Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
Wed 13 May – Chico, CA - Senator Theatre
Thu 14 May - San Francisco, CA - Regency Center @ The Grand
Fri 15 May – Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
Sat 16 May - Los Angeles, CA - The Avalon
Sun 17 May – Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
Tue 19 May - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
Wed 20 May - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
Thu 21 May – Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theatre
Fri 22 May – Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
Sat 23 May – Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
Sun 24 May – Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's
Tue 26 May - New York, NY - Grand Ballroom @ The Manhattan
Wed 27 May - Washington DC - 9:30 Club

This is taken from a Roadrunner Records press release:

After a stellar 2008 that found the band´s most recent release, Watershed, atop many critical "best of" lists, Swedish metal gods will return to the US for a third tour run. The tour -their third in support of Watershed, which earned the band the best reviews of its career- will kick off on May 1 and will be sponsored by Decibel Magazine. Enslaved have been confirmed as direct support.

They left the booking agent they had for North America to move to a bigger North American booking agent. To put it in a Chi-town perspective: You should notice that they will be playing in Chicago more often than the Pearl Room. I think you would approve of that. :lol:

yeah....any shows not at the Pearl Room are going to be a good thing. With the many sound issues and the recent Amorphis debacle where they moved it to the restraunt next door since there were not a lot of people there and the Macabre incident. This can only be a good thing.

Hmmm....I've seen a few shows at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville. That's an odd venue to be having this show, but it works. Normally, they don't have metal shows there that I know of.

~Brian~

Hmm, I'd love to head up to Knoxville for that gig -- not only for the show, but also to make a long overdue pilgrimage to Knoxville Disc Exchange -- but I'd have to be at work at the GA RennFaire the following morning. :(