Opeth is a great band

MAYH is second best.
Morningrise is just too good man.

But I agree that Opeth is not disvalued by all the people liking it. Who the hell cares.
Its not like its Kevin Gilbert and I have to uphold my oath to crucify anyone who does not love him.

Ghost Reveries has its moments, but Deliverance had just about nothing interesting going for it. Damnation was far too formulaic, otherwise it could have been enjoyable in its own right. I don't like BWP at all, though "The Funeral Portrait" has some pretty good riffs, and Still Life is a bit too out there for me these days.

I need to listen to MAYH again. I haven't heard it in well over a year and I remember it being the most concise. The muddy production worked in its favour too. It's just that on the rare day I feel like putting on Opeth, Orchid always has priority.

MAYH and Still Life are really good albums in their own right. Too bad Ghost Reveries attracted a crowd best defined as elitist 13-year olds who think they're into the most obscure progressive band ever. Not to mention the only good two minutes of the CD are the beginning of Ghost of Perdition.