Opeth - Lamentations: Live at the Shepherds Bush Empire 2003 (DVD)

Gah, fanboys you SICKEN me!! Before you decide Opeth is the be all and end all, Please do yourself a favour and check out Disillusion, Dark Suns and swallow the Sun.

The Lamentations DVD is better for the muso within me than the metal head, but it's worth it for lopez's fucking ridiculous performance on drums. Absolutely insanely dexterous drummer. And this DVD is a true showcase of his flawless ability.

Now he's gone opeth have lost a fair bit of appeal for me.

I bought it the day that it came out and thought that not only was it badly put together but it showed the guys to be every bit the Dungeons and Dragons coated geeks I had so desperately hoped they weren't.. I took it back with immediate action and had very quickly sweep my Opeth phase carefully under the carpet. I still think Blackwater park is an awesome album but can not condone or support such polite and characterless bands.

I know it's an old post, but I killed off my Opeth phase some time ago too. In particular, after I got this DVD. The fact they did the album Damnation was fine; the fact it found it's way onto this disc isn't.

I really feal I missed the point, why do they not think its good? I just love it, and I have all the opeth cd's and now also this dvd, and its real good:) Soo i do agree with you who loves it:D It's fucking awsome:D I loove opeth<3

Great DVD. The documentary certainly provides some interesting insights into the recording process and the characters of the band members. Personally, it doesn't bother me that they're not aggressive drunks shown beating down walls with their heads or anything. They're normal people, as we are.

Jack Sabbath , you clearly do not know genious when you see it . The DVD is AWESOME !!! Opeth RULES and will always RULE :worship: . I just hope they make a DVD for Ghost Reveries...Best album I've ever heard in my life !!! So stop the Opeth bashing , man . It's not cool :mad:

Genius is having fake blood rain from the sky when Slayer play Raining Blood on the Still Reigning DVD. That disc kicks the shit out of Opeths "effort".

No, that's just typical, generic metal bullshit. Genius is playing your damned instruments without loading up your show with too many cheesy, unnecessary theatrics that people will forget anyway.

Come on. Slayer don't exactly load up their show with cheesy theatrics. The blood raining on them is the only theatrics at all. And it's at the end of the show, and at the end of the song "Raining Blood", and it's fucking Slayer and it's fucking well metal so shut up.

No, that's just typical, generic metal bullshit. Genius is playing your damned instruments without loading up your show with too many cheesy, unnecessary theatrics that people will forget anyway.

Well fucking done. Only once has it rained blood on the band during any show, ever. Once. Listen to the actual show first - didn't miss one fucking beat, and Dave Lombardo can play drums too, unlike that assclown Paul Bostaph. I don't remember Slayer loading up the show with cheesy, unncessary theatrics that people will forget anyway. They did it once, and people seem to remember.

Genius is having fake blood rain from the sky when Slayer play Raining Blood on the Still Reigning DVD. That disc kicks the shit out of Opeths "effort".

It seems a band is not 'cool' or genius if u will... if it does not have 'extreme illustrations' such as gore and mutilation and 'god i hate u' contents... or simply face paints! I mean wtf? :erk:

I would say more but due to my avatar and signature I will surely be labeled as another 'fan-boy' which I don't really appreciate. But I say it proudly that I love Opeth's music.

Just for the record... Slayer vocal lines and the voice itself always made me laugh! :ill:

I listen to extreme metal and I love them... but I find mindless gore and some similar features aforementioned rather immature at times. :rolleyes:

It seems a band is not 'cool' or genius if u will... if it does not have 'extreme illustrations' such as gore and mutilation and 'god i hate u' contents... or simply face paints! I mean wtf? :erk:

I would say more but due to my avatar and signature I will surely be labeled as another 'fan-boy' which I don't really appreciate. But I say it proudly that I love Opeth's music.

Just for the record... Slayer vocal lines and the voice itself always made me laugh! :ill:

I listen to extreme metal and I love them... but I find mindless gore and some similar features aforementioned rather immature at times. :rolleyes:

That's nice. I love Slayer because they were the first band that got me into metal. Now, I listen to a lot of Behemoth and Nile in particular. They don't seem to feel a need to have 'extreme illustrations' or 'God I hate you' contents. Nile base a great majority of their lyrics and musical themes on ancient Egyptian mythology and history. Further, a lot of Behemoth tracks tend to be influenced by H.P. Lovecraft and Sumerian folklore.

Just for the record... Songs that sound like they are a metal track for about three minutes, which are broken up into shitty 7 minute long interludes, which are too long by about 7 minutes, make me laugh.

That's nice. I love Slayer because they were the first band that got me into metal. Now, I listen to a lot of Behemoth and Nile in particular. They don't seem to feel a need to have 'extreme illustrations' or 'God I hate you' contents. Nile base a great majority of their lyrics and musical themes on ancient Egyptian mythology and history. Further, a lot of Behemoth tracks tend to be influenced by H.P. Lovecraft and Sumerian folklore.

Just for the record... Songs that sound like they are a metal track for about three minutes, which are broken up into shitty 7 minute long interludes, which are too long by about 7 minutes, make me laugh.

I respect your opinion bro, and believe me, you are not the first person to complain about the stretching of songs that Opeth does. So no, I'm not surprised. Its more of a personal opinion whether you could accept it or not. And I have nothing against Nile or Behemoth and i do like them. My sole point is how people blabber about genius shit because of some extreme show offs! Now that's fukin immature. And yes, Slayer is the most overrated band after Metallica in the 'big names'! :Smug: And honestly... apart from a few stuffs most of them, their song writing is rather childish that should only amaze a 15 year old! :ill: So a bloody display never appealed 'genius' to me which is why I wrote this in the first place. But then again its a personal opinion.

why the fuck is anybody taking scott evil seriously??

this guy is one of the biggest morons in the world (has said things like "quality progressive rock is an oxymoron", "progressive metal is shit" etc...)

don't even waste any time with this fucking retard, he's a disgrace to metal fans everywhere