Pain of Salvation New Album (TBA)

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
Just a little info about their next album for those who didn't see this yet.

I saw on another forum
http://www.insidethepain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2088

Rough translation: "...the new album would feature 2 CDs, 22 songs in a concept similar in style to that of Remedy Lane. The music written is 'different to anything the band has ever done before' featuring experimental and psychedelic style performances."
It also says it will be very different from Scarsick with very short songs (2:30) and longer pieces (longer then 7 minutes)

Earlier this year SPV (distributors and co-owners of InsideOut Music) declared insolvency and filed for bankruptcy, causing a lot of damage for us and other bands. As for ourselves, the planned album release and four tours were effectively postponed and/or cancelled indefinitely.

Therefore we are now happy to announce that we are back on track again, with Century Media picking up InsideOut, together sorting out the sordid mess that SPV caused. Work on the album has been resumed and we are doing our best to pick up where we left a few months back with new energy.

Since you have been waiting for such a long time we will give you some first hand info on the coming album:

We are giving birth to a double album called “Road Salt” - revolving around choices, temptation, sacrifices, passion and the difficult art of giving up. A lot of the intimate issues that have become the core of Pain of Salvation in other words.

The whole album will have a very raw and dry sound, initially described by Daniel as “1976 on steroids”. The music daringly combines the lost worlds of the early Pain of Salvation while at the same time, as always, paving new roads for the band and their fans.

Hey, why not some song titles?

Linoleum, Sisters, Gone, No Way…

Road Salt will come with an extensive booklet and will also be available as a double vinyl! No release date has been confirmed yet, but we are looking at 2010 in any case.

http://www.blog.painofsalvation.com/?p=894

THis is very good news. Hopefully, not long after the album is made they tour the US. I was highly disappointed when they got dropped of the Progressive Nation tour, even though I thought Bigelf was pretty bad ass.

Great title, seriously. Something PoS would do. Vinyl buy for me :) And psychedelia? I'm down!
EDIT: wonder if they're recording this on all analog-tape

people may not know about the EP coming out on November 16th "Linoleum"

Daniel Gildenlow said:
linoleum-260.jpg

Since the new EP Linoleum is scheduled for release on November 16, we thought it might be a cool thing to turn this event into a RELEASE PARTY of sorts!
We pray that we’ll have a bunch of new Linoleum EPs still warm from the pressing, for purchasing and signing (ie you purchase, we sign - or the other way around if that would make more sense due to any hitherto unknown reason), and maybe even a brand new video (if the shooting and cutting schedules work out as planned) to top that off…?
In any case, we will make sure to make this night a quite special occasion both for ourselves in the band and for everyone who shows up!

1. Linoleum
2. Mortar Grind
3. If You Wait
4. Gone
5. Bonus Track B
6. Yellow Raven (Scorpions Cover)

also it was announced tonight they are going to open for Dream Theater in Australia this December.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2423154.aspx

Thu Dec 03, 2009 Brisbane Convention Centre Tickets

Sat Dec 05, 2009 Sydney Hordern Pavilion Tickets

Mon Dec 07, 2009 Melbourne Palais Theatre Tickets

Tue Dec 08, 2009 Melbourne Palais Theatre Tickets

Wed Dec 09, 2009 Adelaide Thebarton Theatre Tickets

Sat Dec 12, 2009 Perth Metro City Tickets

i think the new album is called 'Road Salt'

see edit:
August 28th, 2009 04:45 PM Soundscape Pain of Salvation - Road Salt
Just a little info about their next album for those who didn't see this yet.

I saw on another forum
http://www.insidethepain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2088

Rough translation: "...the new album would feature 2 CDs, 22 songs in a concept similar in style to that of Remedy Lane. The music written is 'different to anything the band has ever done before' featuring experimental and psychedelic style performances."
It also says it will be very different from Scarsick with very short songs (2:30) and longer pieces (longer then 7 minutes)

Can't wait to hear this. Gildenlow said that it would be more similar to some of their older stuff. Should be interesting.

Oh, how tantalizing that they describe it as similar to Remedy Lane - my favorite! I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

After hearing the recording of Mortar Grind that's been floating around I'm not expecting too much, but I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong.