Persefone Removed from ProgPower USA XVI Roster

Progressive death metal, yeah. Not a ton of options to replace them with another prog death metal band, but I'm guessing he sticks to the general prog realm.

Or maybe he just uses that hour to go on a drunken rant about the USCIS. The curtain opens and there are no amps or drums on stage, just Glenn, a microphone, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Jokes aside, it's another bummer of a cancellation but as with Anubis Gate and Morgana Lefay, it would be foolish to fault Glenn. Sorry you're having such a tough year, especially so close to the fest, but I still can't wait to get to Atlanta!

I know about the Prog element but they are fast, loud and HEAVY!;)

Its a shame you guys cant see them live. FUCKING GREAT live act and funny dudes.
I recall meeting them at the PPM Fest in Belgium(2014). My main reason to attend that festival was Persefone.
After the show I met them at the merch stand and after telling them that I travel from Brazil to attent their gig, Carlos asked me to take a photo with him. He wanted to show his mother that someone was willing to travel to see a live show from Persefone.

It is our loss.

Sigh. We love you, Glenn. Tough stuff, but you've always done right by us. Know you'll do the best you can.

Glenn - sorry man. I hate that you and Jen work so hard to make the festival a success, and then you have to put up with BS like like this.

This our US tax dollars at work. You could never run a business with this total lack of effectiveness and lack of any idea of customer service. Companies and jobs go out of existence when they perform like this.

Jesus what a tough year! Hang in there Glenn, sorry you have to deal with this B.S. Thanks for all you do, I'm sure you'll exceed expectations with a replacement.

Damn bro! So sorry for all the cancellations. it's already hard enough to put his together, I hate seeing you go through so much extra crap. I just want to say thanks once again for all you do.

So sorry you're going through this again Glenn. As much as it sucks for us (and this was one of my top bands), I know it sucks 100x more for you and the band. Thanks for putting up with the crap like this and always making it an incredible show, despite things like this happening.

Guy

Can rarely make reference to Government and efficiency in the same breath... it is the same all over wherever one goes...completely uncontrollable circumstances from your standpoint Glenn... Nothing to do but Improvise, Adapt and Overcome! best wishes in selecting another replacement... the Fest will still Rule!

this really does suck...another band I was really looking forward to having to cancel thanks to the bureaucratic red tape of the present administration. I do have every confidence Glenn will come up with a quality replacement. Just sucks this keeps happening to the festival and Glenn this year.

Prog Power Fest for me is my personal vacation every year, for me it really does not matter wich bands show up, some of my faves have played at PP but that I really enjoy is the friendly enviroment of all of you, I can get near the stage and see a band that I really like performing without being worried that a dude jump on my back or throws some shit to me, as somebody said shit happens, Morgana Lefay was a big loss for me but as the great environment of the fest is there, the FEST MUST GO ON, this year FALCONER is the band I really want to see, but even if FALCONER had not been announced last year as part of the 2015 roster, I would be at PP XVI .anyway.

My full support for GLEN and his Team, turn the page and move on,

SEE YA AT PP

By the way Glen, I'm getting you a tequila bottle this year too.

FRANCISCO CARRASCO, a metal fan from Mexico.

meh,I should see if I can get Joel to comp you and Jen for Paradise Challenge in Hedo(where me and my friend are headed sunday the 13th..)for a week..y'all deserve it

I will be more than willing to share the bottle of st aarten banana rum me and Britt will be consuming that sat night after the fest with ya

Fuck. AG and Persefone were two that I was most looking forward to. This is just extremely non-optimal.

That said I'm going to look at it this way. I did not know of Persefone before their announcement, and now I love them. Prog for prog, as it goes. Maybe we'll get something equally stunning that no one sees coming. Or maybe we just give the crew a bit more breathing room? (I know that makes ticketholders feel shorted, but I can live with it)

This royally sucks. Yet another shit sandwich courtesy of the fine folks at the USCIS. As others already said, you are doing the best you can giving the crappy situation you are being put in. I am looking forward and will be curious what the replacement is going to be. I guess some days, you are the dog and then on some days, you are hydrant.

People, write your Congress critters. Seriously. Don't rant & rave, but most of you can certainly make a cogent argument that the entire visa process *particularly* for artists is overly complex and unwieldy.

Not that it did a damn bit of good when I did so after my own personal challenges with USCIS, but maybe, eventually, if enough people point out the inadequacies of the system, it'll get some attention.

Bwahahahahahaha... who am I kidding?? :p

But seriously, anyway, why not? You can send most of them an e-mail and it doesn't take that long.

Shaye

So far, every band that has had to bow out has been replaced with a kickass substitute. I'm not going to cry into my beer any more - I'm excited to see who takes the spot.
Dammit, Glenn... I'm sorry, yo. You don't need any more gray hairs than the ones I've likely given you!

Pretty sure Glen will forget about all this when he starts crying like a baby during Anathema's set