PP USA X: Schedule (corrected)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As some of you may have noticed, Deron is making an effort to get the website completed as soon as possible. However, the band pages are not finished. The sponsors will be announced next week once those are complete. He also mistakenly used last year's set times on the event page (which will be fixed asap).

The correct schedule:

Friday:

1630-1715: Power Quest
1745-1830: Tomorrow's Eve
1900-1945: Diablo Swing Orchestra
2015-2115: Sabaton
2145-2300: Royal Hunt
2330-close: Andre Matos

*ProgPower USA XI video presentation immediately follows.

Saturday:

1630-1745: Circus Maximus
1815-1930: Orphaned Land
2000-2115: Pagan's Mind
2145-2300: Brainstorm
2330-close: Fates Warning

Hey Glenn... I know there's always a logic behind your selections, slotting, etc. Could you clue me in as to why Royal Hunt is slotted above Sabaton? I'm by no means a Sabaton fan boy, I'm just curious. My criteria for gauging a band's drawing power tends to be, if they played NYC on a Saturday night, how well would they draw? I would bet Sabaton would out draw Royal Hunt by a wide margin. So... why the slotting? Am I misreading their respective drawing power? Or is the slotting based purely on what their respective representatives negotiated for? Thanks.

Zod

I don't know for a fact, but I think Royal Hunt has been headlining tours in Europe for years. They might be a little bigger than we realize. I didn't have a problem at all with their slotting .. I also would have put them over Sabaton. Also .. they need to be up there high to get maximum impact when DC Cooper comes out to do some tunes with them ;)

Britt

Man, looks like I'm going to have to really hone my skills at manipulation so I can get an early treatment schedule for Friday morning. I cannot miss PowerQuest!

The correct schedule:

Friday:

1630-1715: Power Quest
1745-1830: Tomorrow's Eve
1900-1945: Diablo Swing Orchestra
2015-2115: Sabaton
2145-2300: Royal Hunt
2330-close: Andre Matos

*ProgPower USA XI video presentation immediately follows.

so happy
so happy
so happy
DSO! DSO! DSO! DSO!
oh wait...there's other bands?!
now i can make dinner plans accordingly - and NOT screw them up ;)

thai, Greg!? for real this time!?

::runs to turn in her time-off request::
squee!!!!!!!
/happy

sweet! ya, i think the order is perfect - i just wish sabaton could have more like 2 hours, as i've become a total fanboy of theirs lately. :heh:

Hey Glenn... I know there's always a logic behind your selections, slotting, etc. Could you clue me in as to why Royal Hunt is slotted above Sabaton? Zod

1. Royal Hunt are headliners in Europe and have been for several years. Sabaton is just now hitting their stride. In fact, they have the direct support slot for the Hammerfall European tour next year.

2. This year's show is more for the "core" attendees than the regular guy looking for Blind Guardian off the street. Royal is far more known among that faction. This was strongly evidenced by the "who" factor after the video announcement, even for Sabaton.

3. Timing is everything. I negotiated with Royal Hunt long before Sabaton.