Pretty Maids

Judging from your signature it seems Pretty Maids were no "fools" eh? Ha ha. Plus 30 years in the making and they were getting great response. It can happen to any band honestly.

I loved seeing them keep rocking out despite being slightly over time. At least delays were for music rather than unforeseen technical difficulties.

Better 10 min "over" with music than 10 min "under" looking to the tech crew scrambling for the next band

I saw a bit of them when they played on 70k last year, or the year before. I stood around the back for a song and left, completely not understanding why I had heard them hyped here. However, it was a long day and I haven't heard much of their stuff on CDs - if anyone who wasn't a megafan of the band going in has good stuff to say, I'll certainly give them another go.

I saw a bit of them when they played on 70k last year, or the year before. I stood around the back for a song and left, completely not understanding why I had heard them hyped here. However, it was a long day and I haven't heard much of their stuff on CDs - if anyone who wasn't a megafan of the band going in has good stuff to say, I'll certainly give them another go.

80's metal/hard rock. If you dont like that style or lived in the 80's just pass!!!

I am a huge fan. First vinyl I bought in 1982 was their first EP

Great, fun show. Heard the name for years, but never took it seriously. Catchy, cheesy, fun. And with a name like Pretty Maids, their appearance wasn't much of a surprise, and for me it didn't affect the show negatively.

Well aside from the general lack of respect the band seemed to have for Glenn and the festival schedule I suppose they had a solid performance.

can you please clarify this comment? because from where I was sitting, they had a better grasp on the festival schedule than most bands I've dealt with. as for respect, they had the utmost respect for the festival, the fans, and definitely the promoter.

can you please clarify this comment? because from where I was sitting, they had a better grasp on the festival schedule than most bands I've dealt with. as for respect, they had the utmost respect for the festival, the fans, and definitely the promoter.

I wasn't there, but I was talking to Pierpont when he realized that PM was supposed to be off the stage 10 minutes previous. It was another 20 minutes before they were off the stage. When I got back to my seat behind the sound board, my friends told me Glenn was pissed about them continuing to play.

looked like the band played their allotted hour and fifteen minutes to me...

I wasn't there, but I was talking to Pierpont when he realized that PM was supposed to be off the stage 10 minutes previous. It was another 20 minutes before they were off the stage. When I got back to my seat behind the sound board, my friends told me Glenn was pissed about them continuing to play.

I know they started a bit late, but they were at the venue and ready to go, on time (since I was the one that got them there). Whatever trouble they might have had getting started, and issues in timing does not in any way equal disrespect of the festival or the promoter. So I'm still at a loss as to how Mavros can conclude that Pretty Maids had anything but respect.

I thought they were fantastic. They sounded great, played a great set list, and were great entertainers. VERY professional band. Obviously not everyone is going to appreciate PM simply because of the style of music they play (which sort of goes along with their stage attire etc.) but I thought the execution of their material and stagemanship was flawless.

Bryant

They were really good. Although I'm not a big fan of the "power ballad", I'm glad they still did a couple of them because that is what they do...it's part of their history and style. I was actually surprised at how good they went over, since Pink Cream 69 is similar in style and didn't have a good response some years back.

Unless somebody actually really timed their set, it definitely felt to me like they ran long....there really is no need to do two "encore" tunes when typically there aren't encores at PPUSA except for headliners. If they weren't aware of it, then somebody should've told them that's how it goes here.

They were really good. Although I'm not a big fan of the "power ballad", I'm glad they still did a couple of them because that is what they do...it's part of their history and style. I was actually surprised at how good they went over, since Pink Cream 69 is similar in style and didn't have a good response some years back.

Unless somebody actually really timed their set, it definitely felt to me like they ran long....there really is no need to do two "encore" tunes when typically there aren't encores at PPUSA except for headliners. If they weren't aware of it, then somebody should've told them that's how it goes here.
except that is their 2 BIGGEST tunes and they always play them last!!

This is THE BAND that got me out to this years fest, and they did not let me down. I only wish it could've been a longer set....Scream, Savage Heart, Queen Of Dreams would've been awesome to hear. It Comes At Night was freakin' amazing live. Thanks to Pretty Maids....they made this old-school dude a very happy fan!

except that is their 2 BIGGEST tunes and they always play them last!!

This. I am sorry but the crowd was chanting FUTURE WORLD by name. That is what they wanted by leaving stage and it happened. We PM fans knew what was to come. Also sometimes it's not necessarily an encore persay but a breather for the band before tearing into those songs.

I know they started a bit late, but they were at the venue and ready to go, on time (since I was the one that got them there). Whatever trouble they might have had getting started, and issues in timing does not in any way equal disrespect of the festival or the promoter. So I'm still at a loss as to how Mavros can conclude that Pretty Maids had anything but respect.

No need to get up in arms about a general observation. Im sure the guys were all very nice and respectful individually but from where I was sitting, the body language I saw down in the sound Booth was quite apparent that someone was more than a little agitated by them continuing to play. Then again I suppose that doesn't help the level of frustration when you have a sound tech for another band complaining in your ear either.

As I said they had a solid performance, but I can't get behind what I observed. So, chop it up to a matter of opinion, sit back, and relax.