ProgPower USA V

frickin' awesome, plus my guess was not too bad!! hell, you'll probably never know HOW pissed off Europe will be about this unique Savatage show.

congratulations, Glenn, awesome job once again, increasing every year IMO, not an easy thing to achieve! :)

Hey guess if youd like to help me out...I have a thread started to figure out which cds to get of the bands i dont know...If youd like to help its entitle "a little help" thanks a lot

This line up KILLS!!!
Once again our hero and mentor has pulled the best of the best together to entertain our metal lives! Great job Glenn!

Another thing, this might be the first year since III where someone doesnt jet early, stop in from a tour or leave for whatever reasons. Hooray!! Just thought Id point that out.

Ben

Wow, this is just amazing. I am so excited about this and will make my first journey to Prog Power. Im so suped for Savatage, Edguy, Kamelot, Tad Morose, and Brainstorm. I plan on getting into all the other bands I don't know either. Wow, first Brave Words and Blood Knuckles 6 pack Weekend Part 2 with Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Seven Witches, Brainstorm, and Doro and now this. Where I get lucky is I don't have to worry about a hotel, just renting a car once I land there because I have an aunt and uncle 40 minutes out of Atlanta I can crash with. May 1 I will be ready to nail my ticket.

I hate that I don't think I can go just on the fact that due to going on remote job training, I can't predict if I could take the days off even though Glenn must have been thinking of me. He put the fest on the weekend of my birthday.:Spin:

I love the lineup. Only two bands that I am only casually into, they are Savatage and Kamelot.

I saw Tad Morose in Milwaukee a few years ago and they impressed me even though they were at a fest more known for death metal acts. I feel so glad they will play now in front of such an enthusiastic crowd.

I recently got into and love the recent cds of Dreamscape, Into Eternity,Wuthering Heights, and Adagio.

Even though it took me alittle bit, I love the last two Brainstorm cds!!

I have only been an Edguy fan since the year they were at Progpower. I heard everyone say how they loved their performance, saw the video provided by Glenn. I picked up the live cd. I know live cds aren't always the best way to start but it was such a joy to listen to that I have started picking up their catalog.

Finally, what can I say about Pain of Salvation?? They have got to be one of my favorite bands. Their music is so beautiful. I love that it doesn't hit me over the head right away. It makes me earn it as I hear new things each time I put one of their cds in my player.

chibitotoro said:
Hmm, I also have some CD puchasing to do. I know nothing about Into Eternity, Tad Morose, Dreamscape, or Brainstorm. But, the presence of Savatage, Edguy, Adagio, and Wuthering Heights is enough to drag me down there...if I can go at all. I'll be in Japan all summer, so I am going to be seriously poor by the time I get back...I definitely have some tricky planning to do.

The new Tad Morose cd is awesome as is Dreamscapes!!! I like the last 2 cds by Brainstorm!!! Into eternity is awesome in mixing both excellent prog with death metal!

i don't really see the big deal about savatage with zak since there has only been one album so far without him. i have no idea what the new singer sounds like either, i wonder why they want to play a show with zak when they could promote the new guy. plus we saw zak sing a lot of sava songs last year.

i dunno...i wish there was more heavy, fast power metal, the only band i know that really fits that bill is brainstorm, and i will see them in cleveland. last year there wasn't much of that either (outside of rage, who more than made up for that fact!) but that was ok due to the fact that i LOVE every one of last year's headliners. and pp3..my god what an awesome lineup. so i guess i am a bit dissapointed...oh well, most people seem happy. pos should be cool, edguy should be cool, and kamelot should be cool, they are fairly solid bands, but i just don't really love any of the headliners that much, outside of savatage perhaps.

MetalAges said:
Thanks for those site comments! I got a couple reports of Mozilla 1.5 people having issues I am looking into. If anyone else is using another browser and is experiencing problems please let me know (not including NS 4.outdated and old IE). Thanks!

earlier today I was having problems w/ (outdated) aol 8.0 but everything is working perfectly now!

Can't wait for Pain of Salvation - I missed the last one, but hell or high water, I'll be there this year.

I am not familier with all of the bands... Tad Morose, Brainstorm, Dreamscape, Adagio and Into Eternity. I have heard OF all of these bands. But never listened to them.

Is there an oddball band on this list? I know there was supposed to be. But unless one of the above bands could be considered an "oddball" the oddball might have been one of the dropouts.

And I also find it interesting that both Edguy and Pain of Salvation are playing. I wonder which one wasn't supposed to be (before 2 bands pulled out)

Kick ass line up! IT'S AMAZING!!

Glenn.....You are the fucking man. :worship: The lineup is so awesome!!! I cannot wait. Last years progpower was the best trip ive ever taken, this year might beat it! Into Eternity!!!!!!!!!!!

True Into Eternity would fall in the oddball band like last years Mercenary! I still can't believe the fucken lineup FUCKEN AWESOME!!! I don't think there is a band there I don't like...and don't get me started on ADAGIO!!!!! \m/ \m/ Glenn is da man!!! :) Cheers, Tony