Question about approaching the guys on tour

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm catching the Austin show May 9th and I'm wondering. Do they get annoyed when people talk to them and stuff? I mean I'm not gonna be a tard and go "ROOOP HEY ROOOOP!! WHATS UP JANE JANE MAN!" you know? (and yes those are intentional phonetic misspells) But I would like to get my big COB discography signed and my Sinergy cds as well but at the same time I dont want to be an ass about it and bug the fuck outta them. But then AGAIN, man I've loved these guys for going on five years now and I'd giggle with girlish glee to have my collection shimmering with silver COB sigs.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
man I've loved these guys for going on five years now and I'd giggle with girlish glee to have my collection shimmering with silver COB sigs.

Ben
haha....no shit man, same here. and to all you fuckers out there whod call me a "fanboy" well, no, sorry, but to me, meeting someone whos work i admire so much and that i look up to as a musician, would do that to me no matter what. SO BACK OFF!!!
also, do the guys tend to hang around before/after their set to watch the other bands? I know this may not apply to most of the shows on the tour, but here in MA theyll be playing at the NewEngland Hardcore/Metal Festival, and i was curious as to how they usually go about doing things at shows of this sort.

I'd love to meet them... I would just try and talk to them normally...haha. but i know i would be very star struck if I meet them and say something really dumb, but I guess they are usto that:) but i wont be seeing them on this tour :sobs uncontrolabley: because I waited to damn long to buy tickets, and the VA show sold out!! i am such a dumb ass... I will see them again one day though, when they are headlining:)

Well yah, I rememeber when I met Tobias Sammet I was just like omifuckinggodyourefuckingtobias, but then after that initial shock we just shot the shit about things. I was just asking cos I see a few threads where it looks like the Bodom guys were getting pissed at all the people trying to molest them.

Ben

§tygian Apothegm said:
as long as you act normal they dont care. if you start crying and shit they will get scared and run away. if you have some strange cob voodoo dolls that you want them to sign they will run away. they have met some pretty fucking strange peopel so i think it will only be a relief to meet some cool laid back fans.

and to pronounce their names it's "roo-pay" and "ya-nah"

basically all you gotta do is say hi to them. they are really nice people, especially alexi.

Well, that's good to hear. :) I thought Janne's name was pronounced "ya-nay"... :confused:

We just waited by the tour buses when we met Alexi. Me and my friends just went up to him and said "Whatsup Alexi" He shook our hands and signed our stuff and answered any guitar questions my friends had for him. That was about the end of it. This was on the tour with Dimmu Borgir.

We didn't wait after the Iced Earth show because we were tired and wanted to beat the traffic home. There is always next time. Even though I heard Bodom came out and was hanging out/drinking with fans right after Iced Earth got done. If thats true then I feel dumb.