razorback records death/doom bands

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
Since acid witch a few releases have been out out, are they worth getting? I think the acid witch rules if that puts my taste in context

Razorback's roster is medicore to my ears and generally hit or miss for me. Acid Witch was ok but leans toward the boring side, Fondlecorpse is relatively meh, Lord Gore and Frightmare fucking SLAY though. And of course I believe Impaled was on their label for a bit, and I really enjoy them too.

Razorback's roster is medicore to my ears and generally hit or miss for me. Acid Witch was ok but leans toward the boring side, Fondlecorpse is relatively meh, Lord Gore and Frightmare fucking SLAY though. And of course I believe Impaled was on their label for a bit, and I really enjoy them too.

I personally think Razorback's roster is pretty much flawless (especially these days). None of their bands are insanely original but they're very dedicated to putting out that primitive, no bullshit, early-90s style of death metal.

Razorback flawless? Not in my eyes. Some of their releases are little too (for lack of a better saying) tongue-in-cheek for me. Honestly, the only one that really peaked my interest was the Hooded Menace release.

Blood Harvest seems to have the better track record in my opinion.

I personally think Razorback's roster is pretty much flawless (especially these days). None of their bands are insanely original but they're very dedicated to putting out that primitive, no bullshit, early-90s style of death metal.
I think that's what makes a lot of them so flawed to me.....they're not doing shit, just rehashing old stuff and their fans tout it as something that stands out now (guess they missed dm the FIRST time that style came around)and whatnot. And to be honest, so many of their bands follow the EXACT same formula and sound alike, it's dissappointing to see a label with potential do that shit.

acid witch isn't original? I'd be interested in hearing a lot of bands that they were inspired from. Hooded menace rules and I think that's all the death doom bands I have from them anyways. They only have 1 more release since acid witch which says death doom