Recommend a noisegate?

Vidaeus

Destroyer of gayness
Sep 6, 2002
Alice Springs, Australia
Visit site
I'm just a poor poor guitarist looking for a cheapass noisegate, whether it be just the noisegate, or a multi effects unit. Can you guys recommend something CHEAP that will work for a combo amp, not a stack or anything?

I don't really know about Noisegates because I have never had to buy one. My suggestion is that you save up and get a Digitech RP Series processor. My RP7 that I got when I got my Friedman Signature back in '99 has an excellent Noisegate. I've messed around with the RP2000 but I personally think that the RP7 beats the RP2000 hands down, except for the read-out. I would seriously invest in a processor but if you are really crazy, save up for a rack system and go from there. I wish I could be of more help, but like I said, I've never had to shop for a Noisegate before.

I have a Jackson Performer Series 4 going into a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, and then into a Peavey Rage 15W amp. I plan on getting a new amp soon, maybe a Peavey studio pro 65 W or a bandit. I'm just sick of the hum from my pedal and the noise from the strings when i barely touch them.

Vidaeus said:
I have a Jackson Performer Series 4 going into a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, and then into a Peavey Rage 15W amp. I plan on getting a new amp soon, maybe a Peavey studio pro 65 W or a bandit. I'm just sick of the hum from my pedal and the noise from the strings when i barely touch them.

Bandit is hell better than studio pro, its more expensive, but it is 80w instead of 65W. an I advise you to check the Line6 spider 50W amp, its better, but cheaper :D