RJD "Last in Line" on ABC College Football (update 11/26- video now available)

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Just watched the pre-game intro to the Notre Dame vs. USC game on ABC that documented the history of the rivalry between these two teams. "The Last in Line" by Dio was the soundtrack for the entire clip! Very, very cool and surprising. Hopefully ABC will post this on YouTube or something.

Long live RJD!

:hotjump:

Glenn and I saw that, too - it was very cool!

~Jen

The best part of it was the producer of it matched the story up to the lyrics/tone perfectly. During the melancholic intro, the epic tradition of Notre Dame played out. Then it started building towards slowly towards today until the big hook hit ...."we are coming HOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Obviously, they cut all of the lyrics following and just played the riffs while bring up those puffters from USC. However, they summed it up perfectly at the end with the idea that Notre Dame was about to play for a shot at the National Championship as the #1 team in the BCS poll ("we're the last in, we're the last in line!!!!).

I was fired up before the game even started after watching that. Fucking Oscar worthy.

The best part of it was the producer of it matched the story up to the lyrics/tone perfectly. During the melancholic intro, the epic tradition of Notre Dame played out. Then it started building towards slowly towards today until the big hook hit ...."we are coming HOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Yep, "HOME" being the National Championship Game. Love the symbolism all-around.

Even better, Wendy gets a check and Dio lives on.

I find it interesting how metal and sports is frequently used together. Ironically, most football fans don’t even know its classic metal and some of them would claim they hate metal ... except that Crazy Train and We Will Rock You song. :)