Roy Khan

Aletheus, thanks for the info. I pay no attention to Deicide and bands of that ilk, so I was just speculating. As a Catholic myself, I was interested to see how a faithful Catholic could reconcile such opposing things, so I did spend some time reading and listening to interviews. I am not sure what to believe.

Glen Benton doesn't seem to think he's a Christian: "Oh the whole 'I am a Christian thing' with him is total bull*#@$...the guy just uses that *#@$ to upset myself and the fans...don't buy it, the guy couldn't tell ya the last time he went to church...". I realize that doesn't make it true (bandmembers say a lot of bad and false things about each other after a breakup).

If you have a specific interview in mind that touches on how he reconciles that, I'd be interested to see it.

Regarding Benton's words all I can say is that sounds like nothing but wishful thinking. Think about it, he's playing death metal and has a Roman Catholic outplaying him in his own band. I'm not saying it's complete folly but maybe Benton just wanted to exaggerate the fact that Santolla simply proclaimed to be Christian and stuck to it, without showing some evidence (if he never prayed on tour, or went to church, you know the sloppy Christian :D)...but Benton obviously thought that going to church was enough to determine his faith.

I can't recall any at this point, but I know he was exposed to ridicule from the fans, not just hate and I don't think it's any mans wish to be laughed at for what they don't believe in.

Yes, however a job is a job. Because Khan suddenly became incredibly superstitious does not in anyway mean he must quit his job.

On the reverse Khan doesn't really believe, and he's simply substituting "god" for a number of insecurities, as is the case with most religious people. Prehaps the man from Deicide's faith is strong enough to do his job, and soldier on.

As a Christian, we are to put God as our #1 priority. Yes, we can have a job that is not having to do with the ministry. Not everyone is called to make a living off of spreading his word (THOUGH WE ARE CALLED TO SPREAD HIS WORD IN SOME WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM! Every day life is one way for this to be done). So, I'm not against Christians in secular bands.

But I totally understand his decision. There are a lot of temptations in his line of work and also it is quite time consuming. It might be hard to keep God as his focus.

To tell you the truth, I'd probably do the same as he did, if I was in his place.

I totally respect Roy for it, even more than I respected him before, as a musician alone.

P.S. I sense insecurity in your words. And no... this isn't "thought provoking" stuff you are saying. It's really pretty typical. The only person that comes in swinging fists is the one who feels threatened. Why are you threatened? I have nothing against you, and hopefully no one else here does.

And NOOOOO... I'm not insulting your intelligence or anything. If I were to do that, I would be insulting my own. I've acted pretty ridiculous before on this site. Pretty much all of the members here could tell you that. Just ask around ;). I'll be the first to say it!

Oh, I know he does not need covering. Somehow I felt you needed a hint.

Oh, I know he does not need covering. Somehow I felt you needed a hint.

Yet you did it anyway? I Don't appericate your dishonesty, so stop. But I'll help you get a hint, I realize that because most of you are Christian you're going to come to each others rescue, so here's a clue, bullshit someone else.

Now do you know what hostile means? lol

Yet you did it anyway?

He didn't. He just told you that he wasn't covering for me, he was pointing out something he recognized that you didn't.

I Don't appericate your dishonesty, so stop.

Whoa, hold up. You're treading close to some lines with accusations like this. The guy has been completely upfront and sincere with his reasoning and motivation.

So guys... how about that there Roy Khan, ey? Ehem...

EDIT:
IN OTHER WORDS... move this to another place please!!! It was fine at first but now it's turning into Goldenight PART 2!!! If any of you remember this guy's incredibly long thread.

@Vacant_Planets,

You say sometimes it's just too easy to offend Christians, but none of us are offended...you seem to be the one who is offended. And no one has tried to offend you.

Just take it easy! And I am not trying to be hostile.

@Vacant_Planets,

You say sometimes it's just too easy to offend Christians, but none of us are offended...you seem to be the one who is offended. And no one has tried to offend you.

Just take it easy! And I am not trying to be hostile.

I know you're not, my hostile comment that time was completely sarcastic, it was just to prove a point, and no I'm not offended at all, I was slightly annoyed is all.

Lets say ......I was a bit catty. lol We'll leave it at that.