Scardust - Strangers

WorldOfSilence

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2017

https://scardust.co/?fbclid=IwAR0c52uvXZlH0318HR0BxxmQXItknnmcnNwvCJRKczFWTQRCa1pNzba0Pcc

"In winter 2020, the band entered the studio to record their follow up album. The outbreak of COVID-19 brutally destroyed their recording plans, which ironically forced the band to continue the process in solitary.

Against all odds, in the Summer of 2020, the band successfully finished recording their second album, Strangers, due to be released soon through M-Theory Audio."

"As implied by the name, the album deals with the concept of being estranged - from one another, from ourselves, from society, from our loved ones and even from our own subconsciousness"

Out October 30th!

The debut disc was mind blowingly unexpected. I guess based on where they're from, I didn't expect it to grab me. The new disc is a day 1 purchase.

Very good album. But I have to be in the mood for it, due to the heavy orchestration running throughout. Also, there is a musical theme running throughout following the topic of "Strangers", say, similar to Neal Morse "Similitude...". A theme not similar sounding, but based on similar melodies through the entire disc.

SCARDUST Announces New Band Lineup; First Live Details Coming Soon

"...The group is poised to continue moving forward as 2021 progresses, though the makeup of the band has been slightly altered. Bassist Yanai Avnet and keyboardist Itai Portugali have said an amicable goodbye to Scardust, and the group has officially welcomed into the fold longtime songwriting collaborator Orr Didi (bass) and longtime friend of the band Aaron Friedland (keyboards)...."

SCARDUST Announce "Breaking The Ice" Livestream Event

"...Israel's progressive/symphonic metal wizards, Scardust, will play a free entry livestream show, "Breaking The Ice", on Thurdsday, March 18th - 7 PM, GMT | 11 PST | 2 PM, EST | 8 PM, CET. The show can be viewed on the day, here....

Noa Gruman (singer, co-founder): “This show is extra exciting for us for two reasons. First, it is the first full show we’ll be playing since last march and since Strangers was released. Second, it will be the first show with our two new (but also old) band members: Orr Didi who co-founded the band with me, and wrote our 3 releases with me, will pick up the bass. And Aaron Friedland - who is a long time friend and was actually the first keyboardist who ever got an offer to play with us, back when we started the band”.

Find a Facebook event link, here. ...."