SENSORY RECORDS Releases in HD????

ForeverProg

Aug 30, 2013
Ken, Very interesting point you made in my "Audiophile" thread saying when an IMAGE/master is pressed to cd it loses it's pure recording quality, I'm sure due to lack of space on a cd. Is it worth buying the albums from Bandcamp even if you own Sensory releases already on disc? Do you upload the files directly from the master or do you ripp the cd's of your releases (which would not make sense). Lastly, is it possible Sensory Records will make releases available in HD at HD TRAX?

If you own the physical disc there is no reason to download the album from Bandcamp.

My mastering guys claim they have 24 bit files archived of our releases. I would like to make the albums available in hi-res but I don't know of the level of interest from HD Tracks. The topic has been discussed internally so its not out of the realm of possibility although I don't see it happening soon.

If you own the physical disc there is no reason to download the album from Bandcamp.

My mastering guys claim they have 24 bit files archived of our releases. I would like to make the albums available in hi-res but I don't know of the level of interest from HD Tracks. The topic has been discussed internally so its not out of the realm of possibility although I don't see it happening soon.

I thought there were a lot more audiophiles out there but the more I talk to people in general they can't hear the difference between a 128 mp3 and a wav file, it's mind blowing. I guess it only applies to progressive music because I don't think I would get anything more out of a 24 bit version of Katy Perry's "Roar" vs. a 96 bit mp3. I would love to have all of Magma's stuff 24 bit though!:worship: