Seven Kingdoms -After the Fall video

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
So, what did everyone think? Seemed like it got a really good response and the band had a lot of congratulatory handshakes. Did you guys like the video, song, and the idea of having it play between sets?

I thought it was a really neat idea and would love to see more of this stuff during change overs. I thought it was great exposure for the band.

Edit: It's now on youtube!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan of the band and I really liked the video. Looking forward to their new disc. I would like to see more of that between sets, they did it back at.... 4 or 5 maybe for the new Blind Guardian single.

I agree with eppst1. I would love to see more of these kind of things to break up the set changes. Whether it's videos or just audio "specials." Don't get me wrong, I love the songs Glenn plays between bands, but there would still be room for that.

Anyway, on topic it was cool video!

I've long intended to check them out, but never got around to it. I'm pretty leery of power metal in general, and moreso of female fronted stuff, so I wasn't sure what I was going to think.

It was awesome. It was entertaining to watch without being dumb or overdone (or underdone). The song was really good. I should've scooped an album from Lance before I went, but I really was trying not to spend my last money. They're on my buy-list now, though.

I'd love to see more special stuff like that between sets. I know it can be a big hassle, though. Grats to SK on the video, for sure. It made me forgive Camden for spilling beer on me the night before.

Disclaimer: I wasn't actually mad about the beer thing.

I've long intended to check them out, but never got around to it. I'm pretty leery of power metal in general, and moreso of female fronted stuff, so I wasn't sure what I was going to think.

It was awesome. It was entertaining to watch without being dumb or overdone (or underdone). The song was really good. I should've scooped an album from Lance before I went, but I really was trying not to spend my last money. They're on my buy-list now, though.

I'd love to see more special stuff like that between sets. I know it can be a big hassle, though. Grats to SK on the video, for sure. It made me forgive Camden for spilling beer on me the night before.

Disclaimer: I wasn't actually mad about the beer thing.

Duuuude so sorry for that still! Haha I put that beer down knowing in the back of my head it was probably a bad place to stick it lol

But very glad you enjoyed it! \m/

Lol, np. And BTW, your little promo cards are awesome as hell. Whoever thought that up deserves many kudos. I'm still laughing at the two I have.

Great musicianship! I usually don't care for female vocals too much but she was great! None of the operatic stuff or whimpy stuff...just perfect singing! Very nice job! Can't wait for the disc!

Putting the bias aside for a second, my two cents...

I never loved Seven Kingdoms in the past. Never cared for the first album, and always thought the last one was alright. There was something missing in my opinion, and I could never really say I truly loved the music. I never made that a secret to Camden either. He always told me not to worry. The next album would be a huge leap in comparison, and that they'd make up to me.

Then about 4 months ago Camden sent me the finished product for "The Fire is Mine", when the album was even still supposed to be called something else.

Almost from the first listen, I could tell he was right. This album is a thousand miles beyond the last in my opinion. This is truly a kick-ass female fronted power metal record. Sure, everything has been done in power metal, but at least to me, this is mostly a fresh of breath air in the genre. New influences are popping up (especially from a certain German band they toured with a couple years ago, right Camden? :lol:), Sabrina sounds stronger than ever... it's overall a much more mature band. And at one point I told Camden, "I want to hear Seven Kingdoms write a song based on "such and such" , that sounds like "this, this, and that." Two months later, that song was written. Suck it, bitches. I got my god damn song. :devil:

Do I think this is the best power metal record ever, the one that's going to make me forget all other power metal records? No. However, every time I listen to this album, it reminds me why I love the style so much, and that's something I had been missing.

Speaking solely as a music fan (not as part of their management/booking team), I congratulate Sabrina, Camden, Keith, Aaron and Kevin for a fantastic record that's ending the year in my top 5. I hope everyone gives these guys a chance. Think about it; it's female-fronted power metal that even Zod likes. You don't see that everyday. :lol:

Great video. Dan Drescher did a phenomenal job directing.

How much did a production like that run you guys? 7K? :danceboy:

Sorry it was too good to pass up, but I am legitimately curious.

I don't really like this band at all. Nothing against them personally, it's just not my style of metal and it's like expecting a diehard Lil Wayne fan to dig Gorgoroth.

So, that being said, it's Monday morning and that damn chorus is still stuck in my head. Not in the annoying 'GET OUT' kind of way, but in the 'wow, this is really catchy' kind of way. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad its reaching out to people that have not checked it out or just wasnt their thing.

Marvos, it cost way to much money, just trying to deliver our material in the highest definition possible - vid and audio. Haha YOLO!!!!

I don't really like this band at all. Nothing against them personally, it's just not my style of metal and it's like expecting a diehard Lil Wayne fan to dig Gorgoroth.

So, that being said, it's Monday morning and that damn chorus is still stuck in my head. Not in the annoying 'GET OUT' kind of way, but in the 'wow, this is really catchy' kind of way. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Brian, when it comes out, I will make sure you get a copy to check out. I figure if they can win YOU over, they'll be on their way to the big time. Hahaha.