Showcase Replacement Confirmed

This definitely brings my interest in the showcase again. I wasn't too familiar with Enchant's music, but I like it. And, if they are heavier live, even better. Good job, Shane.

This is great news! I've always dug Enchant, but I've never had to chance to see them live until now. I think that before the show, most people will give them the Pink Cream 69 treatment and say, "They're not heavy enough." Unlike Pink Cream 69, however, they should win the crowd over with their performance. I can't wait!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Sup Bear... I to met the guys of Enchant and saw them at Barfest 2 and was blown away by these guys. great sound, extremely progressive, and melodic, and put on a great show.. great choice

This is so strange. I just broke out "Time Lost" a few days ago. I forgot how much I like these guys. Great job Shane!!! Missing Vanden Plas hurts a lot less know :headbang:

:worship:

Does Enchant have a new CD in the works or anything? It seems the last thing they did was a DVD in '04. For a band that is still active they haven't been very productive of late ... what's up with that?

Britt

Shane! You win the prize, whatever mishaps occur surrounding the events this year this announcement alone makes up for it. I have been trying to see Enchant for YEARS and unable to make my schedule cooperate - that you brought them where I was already planning to be is unbelievable. I hope the band will be happy with all the fans they find they have ;)

The first replacement that I'm very glad to see. As others have said, not Vanden Plas, but a very strong replacement. I own everything they have done and I saw them at NEARFest a few years ago. Great band.

Course, I've been wondering about their existence for a while, since it has been 6 years since their last studio album.

That is a bit strange... six years since their last studio disc.

Zod

They're on the Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, and King Crimson plan -- parceling out their material with many long years between releases. Mystery and anticipation, Zod. It's all about mystery and anticipation. It worked for Mr. G. Why not for Enchant?

So just think how amazing the next Enchant album will be when it's finally released. Oh, man. We won't be able to survive the aural onslaught. :kickass:

In all seriousness, I don't mind a bit of wait between releases. Their music is quite good and, from what I hear, their live show is amazing. So I can forgive their musical tardiness.

Bill

In all seriousness, I don't mind a bit of wait between releases. Their music is quite good and, from what I hear, their live show is amazing. So I can forgive their musical tardiness.
I'm actually not a fan, so the delay is completely forgivable. The few times I've checked out this band, they just didn't do it for me. That said, I'll give them another pass and check out the live set, regardless.

Rick and Bear both both seem to be very high on Wounded, which I've never listened to. I'll start there and then check out the debut.

Zod

Rick and Bear both both seem to be very high on Wounded, which I've never listened to. I'll start there and then check out the debut.

Zod

Wounded & Blueprint are to be considered "light", even in production. Heavy or crunch are 2 terms that can't be associated with those. An appreciation for technicality & delivery is needed. For their most "heavy", and that term is used relatively, material...the latest 2, Blink of an Eye & Tug of War, would fit the bill.

They do come off heavier live.

Wounded & Blueprint are to be considered "light", even in production. Heavy or crunch are 2 terms that can't be associated with those. An appreciation for technicality & delivery is needed. For their most "heavy", and that term is used relatively, material...the latest 2, Blink of an Eye & Tug of War, would fit the bill.
While I appreciate technicality and delivery, I do appreciate both more so when endowed with heaviness. However, having checked out Blink of an Eye and Juggling None or Dropping Ten previously, I thought I'd try another section of their discography. I suspect I'll spin all of them before the festival.

They do come off heavier live.
That's what I'm hearing. I'll definitely check out their set, regardless of whether or not I like them on disc. Their obviously incredible players, so it has the potential to be an appealing live set, even if it's not what I enjoy on disc.

Gracias.

Zod