Stand-Up Comedy Thread

Bill Burr new special was added to Netflix. Thoughts?

I thought it was good, but not great. I think I enjoy his delivery more than the actual jokes -- gunslinger delivery style.

35 in and he talks about nothing and even changes his faggot bit to retard. Had to turn it off (and gotta spend 8$, probably good sample to hear from)

Someone recommended a Andy Samberg funniest moments video and boy that guy fucking stinks. I've seen him around and I had no idea he was even a comedian, but apparently he's huge with people. Ugh.

I'll stick with the comedians I've always liked. I find a lot of the stuff I see now isn't nearly as funny as people think it is.

George Carlin remains my favorite. For me, no one surpasses him. And I love Chris Rock too.

But I've liked a lot of stuff from the past.

Denis Leary's No Cure For Cancer album.

Sam Kinison

Bill Hicks

Dennis Miller's The Off White Album (before he became spectacularly unfunny)

Love the old Abbott and Costello radio shows. And while he may be persona non grata now, Bill Cosby's Himself performance is fantastic. I also have a different comedy album of his that had some hilarious stuff on it too.

It's been a few years since the standup show came out so I don't know how old it is but I saw a Wanda Sykes show and that was quite entertaining.

I saw a Whitney Cummings performance and she was only mildly funny. Half her stuff was plain boring.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but this is a good start.

George Carlin did some really good stuff, Rape can be funny, Golf Courses for the homeless, he did so many good routines in his day.

I've spent more time following local comedians than I have international, guys like Col Elliot and Oscar Swarve did regular shows here back in the 80's and 90's. The sorts of shows where $50 would buy you a ticket, a meal and half a dozen beers for the night and you'd get three hours of comedy and fun.

In the 00's I did watch a bit of the Blue Collar Comedy team and Rodney Carrington but while the DVD's are all still here I don't think I've put one on for the best part of 10 years.

It was good. Great introduction to the man. Wish they talked about the roast of Charlie Sheen, thought that was a good element to his persona

Reactions: CiG