strange thing in the site

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not sure if this has been said/discussed already, but...when I was listening to the mp3 samples I downloaded from auslander.net, I was at first disheartened by its quality after reading all of the sayings in the site which made me really curious about some of the services you offer, but only after a while I noticed the problem was the damn-low encoding bitrate to save up some download time and server space! I think this is faulty in a way, especially when the mp3s serve as samples to promote your great work and to provoque interest to eventual customers. Don't get me wrong, It's just something that popped to ear that I thought was worth mentioning!

Keep up the awesome work :)

Thanks for your comments. First of all I don't have any server space restrictions.

The mp3s on my site are low quality for a reason, mainly at the request of the record labels involved. I used to have full songs up there for download as well, but was asked to change those to snippets to avoid full songs being easily available, again at the request of several labels.

The samples are not up there to promote my work (as in sound quality) but more to give a quick idea of the music and the direction. I don't think anyone has ever asked me to send them an mp3 to gauge the quality of my production work - let's face it, that would be pointless due to the horrible quality of mp3s. In those cases I provide potential clients/labels with full CD versions of songs, so that they can make their assessments based on full CD quality materials. I send out showreels on CD to labels and clients for that purpose.

Neil K.