STRYPER 10/21 ATL ROLLCALL!

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Who'll be at Stryper's ATL tourstop at the Masquerade, besides me? I hope to see y'all there!
STRYPER ROCKS FOR JESUS CHRIST!:headbang::kickass:
Jon and Zane, you guys in for this one? I also fully expect all or at least some of Theocracy to be in attendance, as well! It's gonna rock for the Rock!

I went to the Knoxville show a couple of weeks back and it was a stellar show. It's great to see Tim Gains touring with them besides the other guy. One of the best live bands I've ever seen, but some people just can't get passed their 80's cheese era. These days the band looks and sounds like a well oiled, veteran hard rock band that hasn't missed a step or beat! :headbang: Very, very impressive show! You'll have a good time.

~Brian~

Yep. They were great in Myrtle Beach last night. My 8th Stryper show (1st since 91) and they sounded better than ever. Openers were garbage IMO, but Stryper were on top of their game...

Right on, y'all!:headbang::kickass: Can't wait to see this show! I wanna know if any of our local regulars are gonna show up? I sure hope so!

I think they're all "in the closet" about Stryper! :lol: By the way, "All For One" from Against The Law is included in the live setlist. I was so glad to hear that song, because it's one of my all time favorite yellow and black tunes.

~Brian~

Not sure if I'll be at this one or not - it's an extremely busy week for me with work, but I'm still trying to clear enough time to make it down.

One of the best live bands I've ever seen, but some people just can't get passed their 80's cheese era. These days the band looks and sounds like a well oiled, veteran hard rock band that hasn't missed a step or beat!

Most people like me are probably unaware of their career outside that period. Could someone recommend some songs that may be on Youtube to check out?

Most people like me are probably unaware of their career outside that period. Could someone recommend some songs that may be on Youtube to check out?

I would simply start out by sampling their latest, Murder By Pride. Also, check out some clips from their Live In Puerto Rico concert shot several years back. It will give you a good idea of what they're like now.

~Brian~

Who'll be at Stryper's ATL tourstop at the Masquerade, besides me? I hope to see y'all there!
STRYPER ROCKS FOR JESUS CHRIST!:headbang::kickass:
Jon and Zane, you guys in for this one? I also fully expect all or at least some of Theocracy to be in attendance, as well! It's gonna rock for the Rock!

I truly wish i could, but I'm flat broke and can't aford it. :(
I did see them at Rocklahoma, though. They are one of the best live bands ever, IMO. They really bring it live!:kickass:

Considering how....umm....brutal and not-very-Christian WREKage's audience tends to be these days, I was really surprised at the response I got from our on-air Stryper ticket giveaway this past Friday. :kickass:

I think they're all "in the closet" about Stryper! :lol: By the way, "All For One" from Against The Law is included in the live setlist. I was so glad to hear that song, because it's one of my all time favorite yellow and black tunes.

~Brian~

I heard them play that one live the last time they were in ATL, and the tour before that, they played Caught In The Middle. Two of my Top 5 ATL tracks, BTW! I also love Two-Time Woman, but I doubt they'll ever play that one live!:lol: I am going to enjoy every second of their show tonight! I am a loud and proud Stryper fan! :headbang::kickass::worship:

I truly wish i could, but I'm flat broke and can't aford it. :(
I did see them at Rocklahoma, though. They are one of the best live bands ever, IMO. They really bring it live!:kickass:
I'm really sorry you can't make it, Zane, but it's totally understood. For the same reason, I am regrettably gonna have to miss your band's set(as well as all the others) at PMF on Saturday. The bills must be paid, right? Sad but true! Hope to see you and HW in action again ASAP, though!:headbang::kickass:

Considering how....umm....brutal and not-very-Christian WREKage's audience tends to be these days, I was really surprised at the response I got from our on-air Stryper ticket giveaway this past Friday. :kickass:

Way cool! So will you be there tonight? I sure hope so!:headbang::kickass:

Looks like I won't be able to make it... lots of work to catch up on; won't be getting off 'till late. :(

Someone be sure to post the set list tomorrow.

do they still throw out bibles at their show? My manager was talking about that the other day, saying he really doesn't care about Stryper or religion for that matter - but he just wants to get a bible that Stryper threw out to the audience to say he got one. Apparently he views it as a collectible.

do they still throw out bibles at their show? My manager was talking about that the other day, saying he really doesn't care about Stryper or religion for that matter - but he just wants to get a bible that Stryper threw out to the audience to say he got one. Apparently he views it as a collectible.

Yeah, they still toss the Bibles out to the audience.

~Brian~

Way cool! So will you be there tonight? I sure hope so!:headbang::kickass:

Alas, no, need to save some money for Hoyt's gig....plus I don't know Stryper's stuff all that well.

My spies at the venue -- well, okay, Ripper -- tell me the band walked by a bit earlier, smelling faintly of weed. Somehow, that makes me feel a teensy bit better. :)