The Laser's Edge gives birth to twins!!

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
For a number of years our website has married both our online storefront as well providing information on the activities of our three labels. In the past three years we have had some false starts launching a new storefront but we think we’ve finally gotten it right. Our new storefront URL will remain www.lasercd.com. There are a number of new features that will be incorporated into the site – first and foremost being a wish list (the #1 requested feature from our customers). The beautiful thing about the new website is the open architecture it is based on as well as its stability. We have some great ideas up our sleeve so gradually we will roll out new features that we think will make shopping online with The Laser’s Edge a more enjoyable experience. The site should be hassle free but feature packed – that is our objective. Barring propagation issues the new site will be active on August 30, 2006.

Some years ago we also realized that a storefront should be just that and nothing more. We have now developed a sister website outlining the activities of our three in-house labels: The Laser’s Edge, Sensory, and Free Electric Sound. The label URL is www.lasersedgegroup.com. You will find mp3s, biographical information and general news about our artists and labels. This site is active immediately.

Many thanks go to our webmaster, Chad Hutchinson, for the new look and feel of our new sites.

Please let us know what you think of the sites. We can be reached at lasercd@aol.com. Your suggestions are always welcome.

Ken Golden
The Man Behind The Curtain

edgeofthorns said:
I hope not, because I put a lot of weight on what Ken has to say about things.

Ditto...I've bought a number of CDs from lasercd.com based 90% or more on Ken's review (and been very happy with most). I trust his opinion and greatly appreciate his honesty....even if it's not really *his* thing, he's great with the "will appeal to fans of <other band>" type comments.

Best one I remember was on some oddball CD...the only comment was something like "Surely someone must want this." :lol:

The reviews are still there - and I'll continue to be the guy writing them. One design issue that we have been aware of from the beginning is that the long descriptions are not evident unless you click on the title or jpeg. We are coming up with a work around that we think will be acceptable. Unfortunately it's one of the trade-offs we had to deal with so that we could have features like a wish list, related items, customer reviews, etc.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge
www.lasercd.com
www.lasersedgegroup.com

I liked the reviews visible, like it used to be!
Sometimes the review would catch my eye and I would buy the CD on the spot.. I am not sure if the same is going to happen in the new system.. Having to click on the title to read the review and stuf...

Ditto to what everyone is saying above about the reviews. Do not underestimate the value of those reviews, Ken. I have spent mucho $$$ based on those reviews and descriptions...have taken a chance on many bands and releases...and have...(thinking about it)...NEVER been disappointed.

With that said...congrats on the new site...looking forward to shopping there!

EDIT -- OK...now that I've been on the site, played around, created my wish list, found the reviews, etc...all I can say is WOW! Big difference! Love it! Congratulations again! Well done!

Rock on!

sccaldwell said:
Best one I remember was on some oddball CD...the only comment was something like "Surely someone must want this." :lol:

Just pure genius...:)

Anyway, this year I have made a list just based on Ken's reviews. I trust that much his reviews.

Totally agreed on Ken's reviews....I've bought -- or not bought -- several CDs based on his recommendations.

My favorite short-but-sweet review dates back to the days of his paper catalogs that he used to mail out...ahh, the old days. The review was for a Tiles CD (sorry, Tiles fans) and read "Horrible Rush ripoff. Cool sticker, though." Or something like that. :D

--And wheeee, my last order just arrived, in 4 or 5 days. Thanks, Ken!

Thanks for all the feedback yesterday. Ok...we think we've come up with a good solution regarding the "description thing". Check out the site again. This is a temporary fix since there is a software upgrade coming next week. The full blown fix will essentially look the same but it will also include a hyperlink into the long description. I think you'v got the best of both worlds now - the descriptions, the wish list, etc. Also check out the online mp3 player - we'll keep rotating new tunes as they arrive.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge
www.lasercd.com