November - Mix this Japanese band called "2 side 1 brain"

December - Off

Jan / Feb - Emmure
March / April - Word Alive
May / June - Asking Alexandria

July / August - Vacation

Fall? not sure

Winter? not sure

I recently started dating a Registered Nurse, so I won't be recording as much as I used to. It's time to spend some of our incomes and enjoy some life.

Lovely. Super pumped for TWA. been following them before tyler joined the band. also, about time they had good production/mix/master. same with i see stars.

Emmure is doing another album? Speaker of the dead was just released...?

"Just" = February = 7 months ago and when it comes to recording time it's 11-12 months apart? They release the previous album in August 2009, which means the interval between albums was 18 months apart. If he is recording Emmure in January/February, the next album will most likely see the light of day sometimes in the summer, which also makes the interval roughly 18 months.

you guys don't realize that when the band leaves the studio, there's still at least 3 or 4 months of crap that has to happen before the album can even think about being released.

Yup, and sometimes even longer if the band or artist is "shopping" for labels. I recorded one band's debut album in June, they released it like in November or December or something. I also mixed an album this year in January-February, the album was released like 3 week ago.

Joey, make one song that has 1 subdrop every bar with Emmure, only 0 or 1 on the guitars and so that the entire song consists of a 2 minute breakdown and nothing else. That will be the most redicilous song in the world. Even more epic in redicilousness than Stick Stickly.

Looking forward to the new Emmure and Asking Alexandria. Emmure's Speaker was sonically their best sounding record and that is a huge credit to Joey, so I'm glad they are working with him again.

With Asking Alexandria, Reckless And Relentless was a massive jump from the first CD so I really look forward to what he pulls out of the hat with them next.

Joey, good to hear that you are taking time to enjoy life, too.

Can you please PUSH I See Stars to do more creative stuff?
Their last album was a huge disappointment :/

Why don't bands do studio updates anymore? Is that not the thing to do now? I like to watch that shit.

I don't think I See Stars last album was a dissapointment. Yes, the breakdowns sound forced and they went for a less heavy sound, but It has some really well written and catchy pop/radio rock songs too. The song "Where I Let You Down" is seriously better than half of 3D put together.

anything cool booked? i heard about uabb, but that obviously wasnt used or something. and i think i read about you mixing BOO?