The Movie Thread

Tabletwister

O.la K.ala
Oct 8, 2003
Shipwrecked...
Here is the thread about movies you like, dislike, seen lately or some time ago...let's share thoughts on movies, shall we? :)

Few days ago i saw "Shrek 2" :hotjump: ...when i saw "Shrek 1" i said that, it can't get any better, but i've changed my mind when i saw "Shrek 2"...i loved it!!! :)

I last watched "Spider Man 2" in theater. I didn't like it, the first one was better I think.
And after that I watched "Mulholland Drive" on divx. Before I read about it, I didn't understand anything and thought that it was rubbish. But when I read about it, I liked it a lot, because its main subject is really good and interesting.
I also watched "La vita é bella - Life is Beautiful" recently and it's one of my favourite movies. I think you should watch it.

I Agree With You Unconscious About " Spiderman 2 "...
As For The " Mulholland Drive " , I Want To See It Because I Have Heard Good Criticism About It...
One Year Ago, I Saw " Life Is Beautiful " And I Liked It Very Much. It Has Many Good Moments Of Τhe Protagonist's Histrionic And Many Touching Scenes.
It's A Good Movie For All Ages And For All Tastes.

Amelie is my best movie of all time..and also all episodes of Asterix (cartoons,not the movies) and first episodes of Star Wars..
'Life is Beautiful' is great film..

Slash said:
Amelie is my best movie of all time..and also all episodes of Asterix (cartoons,not the movies) and first episodes of Star Wars..
'Life is Beautiful' is great film..

I haven't seen "Amelie" but never is too late:)
As for "Asterix" I like the cartoons and the movies too!
"Star Wars" ....Can you believe it ? I haven't seen any of the episodes !!!

OrphanedAngel said:
I haven't seen "Amelie" but never is too late:)
As for "Asterix" I like the cartoons and the movies too!
"Star Wars" ....Can you believe it ? I haven't seen any of the episodes !!!
Then you have a lot of films to see.. :D

"Amelie" is above perfect. I want to go to Monmarte only to see where it was filmed.
Well the last movie i saw was "Secrets & Lies" of Mike Leigh, and it was PURE MASTERPIECE, everyone must see it.

The Asterix movies are okay, but the cartoons are really great.
Also the first Star Wars movies are good, I love those little teddy bears (Ewoks I think)!

Does anyone know Darren Aronofsky's "Pi"? It's such an insane movie. Here's a short plot summary from imdb.com:

Max is a genius mathematician who's built a supercomputer at home that provides something that can be understood as a key for understanding all existence. Representatives both from a Hasidic cabalistic sect and high-powered Wall Street firm hear of that secret and attempt to seduce him.

Believe it or not ( Ripley's ):p , i haven't seen "Pi" and "Muholland Drive":erk: ...i can't find near my place one video/dvd club to have it for rent...damned!!!:yell:
I wanna see these movies for sure...i've heard so many people talking in such deleastic way about them, that they drive me crazy!!! :loco:

But i had the chance of watching "Requiem For A Dream" and this movie made it to my best of movies list...i'll sure agree that RFAD is a masterpiece!!! :)

Yeah brother, you won't regret watching it...it's like a mind's suicide trap...o_O

Oh, and talking about traps...i've done a big mistake by watching "Hellboy":Smokedev: ...i know it came out from a comic but i didn't know it was going to be such a bad movie...in my opinion:yuk:

Here's my favourite movies list, i will make some additions when the others will come to my mind.

1- Fight Club:worship:
2- Lord of the Rings (whole series)
3- American History X
4- Tesis ( a spanish horror movie of Amenabar, it's a masterpiece)
5- A requeim for a dream
6- Darkness
7- Big Lebowski
8- Reservoir Dogs
9-Dogville
10- Amelie
11- Clockwork Orange
12- Lost Highway

Derya the Angel said:
and i agree with you OrphanedAngel; Vanilla sky is cool!

Hi everybody, I'm new to this thread and the band but I think that Orphaned Land are excellent! I think that their version of 'Mercy' is much better than the Paradise Lost original. I think this is the perfect way to cover a song - by adding your own sound/influence to it.

Now I am going to do everyone a favour by requesting that you do not see 'Vanilla Sky' - as least do not watch it yet. See the original Spanish version of the movie (Abre los ojos (1997) aka "Open Your Eyes") first. I challenge anyone to tell me that the US remake is better than the Spanish original.