The Official Gaming Thread

^playstation network is down for a couple days. the rumor is it was hacked by people who are fighting sony because they removed the install other OS feature (so basicly you can run linux and play super nintendo on your ps3) and the recently banned geohotz jailbreak or whatever, which basicly means people were hacking the shit out of every game (apperently MW2 was awful for weeks).

short version, a bunch of angry nerds are terribly upset they cant hack their games (and lets face it, the only reason they wanted these cracks are so they can played games for free and other things like cheat your way to max level in call of duty). they fly under the banner of riotiousness and freedom, and resort to silly childish games that only serve to hurt their own cause
bunch of children ruining it for everyone if its true.

^playstation network is down for a couple days. the rumor is it was hacked by people who are fighting sony because they removed the install other OS feature (so basicly you can run linux and play super nintendo on your ps3) and the recently banned geohotz jailbreak or whatever, which basicly means people were hacking the shit out of every game (apperently MW2 was awful for weeks).

short version, a bunch of angry nerds are terribly upset they cant hack their games (and lets face it, the only reason they wanted these cracks are so they can played games for free and other things like cheat your way to max level in call of duty). they fly under the banner of riotiousness and freedom, and resort to silly childish games that only serve to hurt their own cause
bunch of children ruining it for everyone if its true.
I bet those dudes get laid all the time

Hafta second that LOL.

Wasn't so bad, almost didn't have time to play as my cousin visited and there was still work to do. But yeah, it really sucks that a small group is screwing the rest of us.

Once the network is back up and running there are two downloadable games that are a must for those who love 2-d side scroll. Outland plays a lot like Metroid and Castlevania graphics look incredible as well as the game play. Moondiver a square enix game fucking looks great reminds me of strider and megaman..:headbang:

^wow serious, both of those sound excellent :D

old metroid and castlevania was the shit

and megaman X. X2, X3 are some of my favorite snes games

^wow serious, both of those sound excellent :D

old metroid and castlevania was the shit

and megaman X. X2, X3 are some of my favorite snes games

^^^I agree completely some of my childhood favorites!

Both of them are co op too!!

I heard that psn wont be back on until may 31 unsmiley face!

ah nice i love co-op!

frig i know :(. oh well, it doesnt affect me much, only game i play online is battlefield BC2 on my PC, and i can live without downloading a few more demos :lol:

Has anyone seen the trailer for Assassin's Creed Revelations?

When this game was announced earlier this year, my thoughts were: I wish they would have taken at least another year off, especially since someone at Ubisoft said last year that they would take two years off for the third game, but then I also thought that I love these games, so either way I will be heavily into the game. I was not off my feet when I heard details of the new game, but still excited.

However, after I watched the trailer from E3, I am now too excited for this game, especially since it will be Ezio's final game and I expect to get some closure on him. I also expect his death in this game whether it is during his time as an assassin or as a much older man "at home". Pathetically thrilled for Ezio's final go.

i wish they would just make a third one, i couldnt care less about ezio or altair

i just want the the story to advance :lol:. i didnt play brotherhood just out of principle

I had just finished playing some of LittleBigPlanet in the afternoon and my PS3 just shut off. It gave me the awesome blinking red light. At a couple of points, it would turn out and shut off. I read that it could be a heating issue, so I let it be for a bit. Several times I was able to have a minute to backup files to the timely free PlaystationPlus that allowed me to store some save files. Unfortunately it stopped working completely and I did not get everything that I wanted backed up.

I bought a new one tonight with a friend's discount and hoped that I could use an adapter I have to pull files off of the old hard drive. I finally managed to pull the old hard drive out and it was an unsuccessful attempt. The PS3 did not recognize anything. I also plugged it into my laptop just to see if it would get a read and it did not. Kind of sucks.

I had just finished playing some of LittleBigPlanet in the afternoon and my PS3 just shut off. It gave me the awesome blinking red light. At a couple of points, it would turn out and shut off. I read that it could be a heating issue, so I let it be for a bit. Several times I was able to have a minute to backup files to the timely free PlaystationPlus that allowed me to store some save files. Unfortunately it stopped working completely and I did not get everything that I wanted backed up.

I bought a new one tonight with a friend's discount and hoped that I could use an adapter I have to pull files off of the old hard drive. I finally managed to pull the old hard drive out and it was an unsuccessful attempt. The PS3 did not recognize anything. I also plugged it into my laptop just to see if it would get a read and it did not. Kind of sucks.

Damn dude that's brutal same thing happened to me with my ps3. I sent my 160gb to sony for refurbished 120gb slim for a100. I am gonna trade it in eventually to get a brand new one.

CASTLEVANIA RESURRECTION THIS WEEK AHH YEA!!!

I am wondering if I bought a faulty PS3. I bought a 160GB slim and I think it may be struggling with framerate as well as being a bit slow on the PS3 menu. When I sync trophies even after earning just one it takes a bit longer than it used to on my 60GB first generation. It also seems to start up slower. Also, while playing a disc game, the system makes a vibrating noise like a phone at times. Has anyone else with a slim experience similar issues?

weird, ive had a fat 60 gig since about 6 months after launch (and about 2 weeks before price drop :() and havent had one problem with it. even replaced the harddrive.

it has frozen a couple times, but never to the point where it shuts down. is it in a well ventilated area? cause that shit can get pretty hot