The Official "I got my tickets" thread

Although I too miss the rush a bit, I'm thankful not to have to battle it out for tickets at 10 am anymore.
I got my two tickets...first time for me. I'll be seeing Fates on the night before in Va then making the drive all night to Atl following the show..can't wait.
Welcome to the fold! :headbang:

I'm assuming you are a huge Fates Warning fan, so this may not matter, but do you realize that hitting this show at Jaxx means that you will be missing the festivities on Thursday at the ProgPower Showcase with PRIMAL FEAR and VANDEN PLAS. (Not to mention Mid-Week Mayhem on that Wednesday with PAGAN's MAXIMUS.)

We've got our gold badges, so we'll also be driving down to Atlanta from up that way (Baltimore), but we'll be leaving late Tuesday/early Wednesday so we can be in Atlanta for the near-full week of festivities. (If you're not yet aware of all the other great bands playing that week, go check out the event page of the PP website.)

Jaxx has a way of booking great shows right on fucking top of PP. I guess those of us in that area should be used to it by now. It happens almost every year. I'm super bummed about missing Edguy, Epicurean, Luna Mortis and Division there on my birthday (Sept. 11), but I'll be at PP which is the best birthday present of all.

So ... is it sold out yet? :heh: :kickass: :headbang:

Whooo-friggity-hooooo!

Scored 2 tickets to my first ever PP show (silently takes a bow)

This is gonna be a fantastic show, and I just can't wait for it!
I'm dying to see Primal Fear and Orphaned Land!
I was supposed to catch both bands at last year's "Summer Breeze" festival in Germany, but OL canceled, and I had to miss Primal Fear because of our traveling issues.
Can't wait!!

I'm coming from Utah, is anyone else coming from somewhere further?

Has anyone else here had trouble printing the tickets off of Ticketmaster's website today?

Whooo-friggity-hooooo!

Scored 2 tickets to my first ever PP show (silently takes a bow)

This is gonna be a fantastic show, and I just can't wait for it!
I'm dying to see Primal Fear and Orphaned Land!
I was supposed to catch both bands at last year's "Summer Breeze" festival in Germany, but OL canceled, and I had to miss Primal Fear because of our traveling issues.
Can't wait!!

I'm coming from Utah, is anyone else coming from somewhere further?

Has anyone else here had trouble printing the tickets off of Ticketmaster's website today?

I wasn't able to print my ticket off either, I'm sure it'll be fixed before the show :p

I was gonna make this year my first and I really wanna see Circus Maximus but I still don't know many of the bands this year. I'm still pretty new to Prog/Power metal and only listen to a few bands from each genre.

If I check out the bands and really like em, I'm sure I can get tickets down the road from people that can't go. I might go but I'll have to decide around August.

I was gonna make this year my first and I really wanna see Circus Maximus but I still don't know many of the bands this year. I'm still pretty new to Prog/Power metal and only listen to a few bands from each genre.

If I check out the bands and really like em, I'm sure I can get tickets down the road from people that can't go. I might go but I'll have to decide around August.

With this years line up it certainly shouldn't be hard to find more than one band that will totally kick your ass..and if you do show Andy and Brainstorm will have your ass in :OMG: for about an hour!!!

It's more than just a place to see great music as any first timer will tell you after their first trip..there's more than the metal that keeps us coming back year after year.

got mine. it will be my second time out there. I think I'll try to hit the pre shows too.

Although I too miss the rush a bit, I'm thankful not to have to battle it out for tickets at 10 am anymore.

Welcome to the fold! :headbang:

I'm assuming you are a huge Fates Warning fan, so this may not matter, but do you realize that hitting this show at Jaxx means that you will be missing the festivities on Thursday at the ProgPower Showcase with PRIMAL FEAR and VANDEN PLAS. (Not to mention Mid-Week Mayhem on that Wednesday with PAGAN's MAXIMUS.)

We've got our gold badges, so we'll also be driving down to Atlanta from up that way (Baltimore), but we'll be leaving late Tuesday/early Wednesday so we can be in Atlanta for the near-full week of festivities. (If you're not yet aware of all the other great bands playing that week, go check out the event page of the PP website.)

Jaxx has a way of booking great shows right on fucking top of PP. I guess those of us in that area should be used to it by now. It happens almost every year. I'm super bummed about missing Edguy, Epicurean, Luna Mortis and Division there on my birthday (Sept. 11), but I'll be at PP which is the best birthday present of all.

So ... is it sold out yet? :heh: :kickass: :headbang:

Thanks for the welcome. Yea I know about the other bands playing that week, but I am heading down to Atlanta with my brother and neither of us could get more time off. Also, as far as I'm concerned and I hope I don't offend anyone, I'd MUCH rather see Fates Warning twice than see Primal Fear (although I wouldn't have minded seeing Vanden Plas). My brother is also really ticked that he'll miss Edguy (one of his favorites) here at Jaxx on Friday, but he's going for the sole purpose of seeing Andre Matos (another one of his favorites) and I think the rest of the bill outweighs Edguy here on Friday. I also am 100% sure that Division won't be opening for Edguy as all of them will be in Atlanta that night...there still is a chance they'll play the Fates show at Jaxx. I spoke to Mike about that and he was checking to see how the arrangements for the band members getting to Atl were set up to see if it would be possible for them to do that show. I really hope they can, as I've been trying to get my brother to catch them live for years.