The Official Movie Thread

I watched this last night:

13TZAMETITEASER2sm.jpg

and thoroughly enjoyed it

trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Looks interesting...

I've seen nothing but crap movies lately. "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints", "Little Miss Sunshine", and "Syriana" were all rubbish.

The last great film I saw was "Children Of Men".

Yeah I'll have to see Hot Fuzz soon. Not sure if it's out here yet though. "The Science of Sleep" is also supposed to be excellent, but still not out here.

I shall read up upon those movies, as I haven't seen them yet but heard good things about them.

But yeah, I could probably publish a book with all the things wrong with Hollywood films. But yeah, essentially American/Hollywood films have nothing to offer that hasn't already been done to death. The movies are lacking character development I think usually they try to hard to give it a dynamic plot with multiple twist endings etc...and about a thousand other things lol. I hate CGI and fx!

I guess there are a few good movies that really need all that,I just loved The Lord of Rings trilogy and the way P. Jackson used all the Fx and shit. Not an american movie though LOol. Have you seen El Dia De La Bestia(The Day Of The Beast)? That one is a killer, the story of a metalhead that helps a priest to find the anti-christ.:kickass:

I like David Lynch's Eraserhead. Very weird movie. Once you've watched it you'll think about it again wondering about what you've seen and what it means. I think I understand what the message of the movie is but I still can't understand the meaning of some things in this film. Definitely a movie that everyone should at least see, it's not like any other movie.

I like David Lynch's Eraserhead. Very weird movie. Once you've watched it you'll think about it again wondering about what you've seen and what it means. I think I understand what the message of the movie is but I still can't understand the meaning of some things in this film. Definitely a movie that everyone should at least see, it's not like any other movie.

did you watch the commentary/behind the scenes of eraserhead? it's almost as interesting (and almost as long) as the movie itself

FUCK YES. Have you seen his Elephant Man? Fantastic movie he also directed, and let's not forget about the old school Dune movie :kickass:

Comedy,Horror,Crime/Mob/Mafia movies. I like movies dealing with organised crime mainly.

I absolutely love Enemy at the Gates. I bought it today and I can't wait to watch it again.

Hmmm just rented Elizabeth, Green Street Hooligans, and that new Pirates of the Caribbean flick.

I love Queen Elizabeth I, and I've only seen snippets of Elizabeth... have to say I liked what I saw. So, that should be good. Green Street Hooligans was recommended to me by my friend Greg, because I "need to know" what I'm "getting into" when I move to England. It should be a laugh. The Pirates movie because I'm curious as to how good/bad it will be.