The Official PPUSA VII Regrets thread

jdennis007 said:
GOOD..lets start a war in this thread so they can delete this stupid thread

/me defends his thread

Hey! It started out as a nice thread!

New regret: setting this thread for "send notification of replies via email" Duh. Ooops. :heh:

BTW, Nathan, regarding inserts for boots, I suggest PowerStep inserts, as recommended and rated here. (I have plantar fasciitis, hence my familiarity with that site. :erk: )

I've got two sets, one for regular shoes and one for concert boots....I got tired of swapping one pair around. :)

Everyone gets so deffensive when they feel threatened....I stand by my opinion...I think I'll get my music teacher to transcribe one of their (Zero Hour) songs just to see how progressive it truly is...as well as the progressions and scales used..then Ill post it here...yay...chunk chunk chunka chunk chunka chunk..wow what a kewl riff eh?

Delete???????? Isn't that the whole purpose for the board so that people can have discussions and voice their opinons openly about different bands?????? Good Gawd.... :mad:

jdennis007 said:
The funny thing is THEY DIDNT play one pentatonic scale the whole night SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT lol. Plus to say they play only 3 chords in one song is something I can't understand at all.......

YOU GUYS WERENT EVEN THERE AT the show or you would have known this!!! ..WHOEVER IS BEHIND THIS..GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE...MOVE ON AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!
Oh boy!! It starts here too:puke:

If you're going to say something about a band..at least get your facts straight. That dude was totally wrong and I can understand fans coming to their defense if they need to be corrected and thats what he was doing. Correcting the facts... But then they come back for more. Talk about childish.

besides, there is a nice way to say you dont like a band..remember how the Epica thread got deleted because everyone was putting them down, talking rudely about Simone. People here do not know how to say things (whether you like a band or not) in a nice way..There are plenty of childish people here on this board.

Thanks and peace
Wkd

Kathy said:
Delete???????? Isn't that the whole purpose for the board so that people can have discussions and voice their opinons openly about different bands?????? Good Gawd.... :mad:
that is the purpose for people to be able to voice their opinions openly about bands. The problem comes in when you have fanboys/girls of bands that CAN NOT be objective or listen to someone criticize their band they love.:yuk:

VenomGA said:
that is the purpose for people to be able to voice their opinions openly about bands. The problem comes in when you have fanboys/girls of bands that CAN NOT be objective or listen to someone criticize their band they love.:yuk:

They can say or do whatever they choose to. Free country, you are correct there..not trying to go there. Just do it in a mature way. Again: Epica/Simone thread got deleted due to this.

Thank you . Have a nice day everyone :).

Wkd.

Wkdchylde said:
They can say or do whatever they choose to. Free country, you are correct there..not trying to go there. Just do it in a mature way. Again: Epica/Simone thread got deleted due to this.

Thank you and I am done posting here. Have a nice day everyone :).

Wkd.
The only immaturity is coming from the replies of fans of a certain band who are offended that others did not care for said band.

Nothing wrong with coming to their defense at all. Just seemed a bit hasty to post several posts wanting the thread deleted, that's all. (Paul, see what you did...lol)

plenty of people came to their defense and i think that is cool. if i would have caught them and disagreed with the guy, i would do the same - but i missed them...

I did not see the Epica thread, must have been pretty bad...sometimes people are just mean i guess.

Wkdchylde said:
If you're going to say something about a band..at least get your facts straight. That dude was totally wrong and I can understand fans coming to their defense if they need to be corrected and thats what he was doing. Correcting the facts... But then they come back for more. Talk about childish.

besides, there is a nice way to say you dont like a band..remember how the Epica thread got deleted because everyone was putting them down, talking rudely about Simone. People here do not know how to say things (whether you like a band or not) in a nice way..There are plenty of childish people here on this board.

Thanks and peace
Wkd

First and last warning...do not turn this into an open flame war or this will suffer the same fate as the Epica thread. This goes for both sides of the coin.

I have no problems with negative comments as long as they remain objective and not personal attacks on the bands.

Whooops..SORRRY.

I meant to reply to this post and used the edit feature instead. I did not delete your post intentionally and you are welcome to post it again. My comments are below in response to your original thread.

Once again...sorry..

Glenn

Your comments about the Epica thread are not 100% accurate. I deleted not because of a single person's comments. I actually let it go on longer even when asked the first time. However, it degenerated into an insulting flamefest that would have been embarrassing for me if Epica read the forum as I do stay in touch with all bands post-fest.

Simian said:
Everyone gets so deffensive when they feel threatened....I stand by my opinion...I think I'll get my music teacher to transcribe one of their (Zero Hour) songs just to see how progressive it truly is...as well as the progressions and scales used..then Ill post it here...yay...chunk chunk chunka chunk chunka chunk..wow what a kewl riff eh?

I think the problem is you cant fathom that style of guitar playing, talk about defensive. Why do you have to get your teacher to transcribe it, can't you do it if you know so much about it?

Jasun was my teacher once upon a time, I learned a great deal from him in a short period, even though I am a very different guitarist. Its all about opinion and thats fine, but mindless wankery? Its more like Synchopated Awesomeness to me, to each his own.

Bear

Wkdchylde said:

Thanks and peace
Wkd

The person comes in on his first or second post with a Drive By Blitzing of a band that made no sense what so ever. What else can you expect.

This is my final post on the matter. The fact is what he posted was not very civilized but this person doesn't represent the majority of posters here, and doesn't deserve any more of our time.

I regret missing Epica do Crystal Mountain.
I regret not catching more of Zero Hour's set. (I'm not participating in anyone's flame war here. I really do regret showing up late and missing part of the set.)

Did you get in late Dan? Sorry to here you missed the bands you wanted to see... but you travel alot for shows, maybe you can catch them in another city...

ratanda said:
I regret missing Epica do Crystal Mountain.
I regret not catching more of Zero Hour's set. (I'm not participating in anyone's flame war here. I really do regret showing up late and missing part of the set.)

rottingflesh said:
Did you get in late Dan? Sorry to here you missed the bands you wanted to see... but you travel alot for shows, maybe you can catch them in another city...

Hi Linda, yeah I got in late both days. I got to see some of each band I wanted to see if not all. Thanks for asking, hope you had a good time at the fest too.

My latest regret.
I just figured out that I have zero pictures of myself. I took a million pictures and not once did I give the camera to someone else to take my pic. I have a all these cool pics from PPs Past but none this year. :(