The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

When it comes to non metal music, Black Flag and this album in particular have been kicking my ass lately:

BlackFlag-Damaged.jpg

Lately I've been listening to a lot of classical guitar music, particularly of the Spanish variety. Some other favorite non-metal stuff would be...

Béla Bartók
J.S. Bach
Dead Can Dance
Arcana
Dark Sanctuary
Elend
Daemonia Nymphe
Autechre
Lustmord
Raison d'être
Tangerine Dream
A-ha
W.A. Mozart
Krzysztof Penderecki
György Ligeti
Winger

I really fond of ambient/electronic music. When I'm not listening to metal, I am probably listening to this. My favorites are Lustmord, Halo Manash, Atrium Carceri, ambient-era Ildjarn and Burzum (I love their black metal stuff as well), Aardia, Eluvium, and Stars Of The Lid.

I'm also like harsh noise, but I haven't fully delved into this genre besides essentials like Merzbow, Masonna, Government Alpha, and Pain Jerk.

And classical music, but I really hate finding and properly tagging classical music.

Pink Floyd, Genesis, and Jethro Tull.

The holy trinity of rock (in my opinion). They are the best classic rock acts, basically because they're fronted by my three favorites songwriters: Waters, Gabriel, and Anderson.

I also enjoy lots of folk rock (Fairport Convention, Pentangle, Dylan, 16 Horsepower, Fleet Foxes, etc.).