The very unofficial "Probably can't make it this year" thread

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
So, now that the lucky ticket owners have their tickets ordered I was wondering if there are many people out there like me who really really want to make it but can't for some reason..

For me it looks like the distance between central Finland and Atlanta will win the "PPUsa versus distance" contest this year (unlike the last two years). Would LOVE to meet all the cool people again & see especially Conception but unless some miracle happens (is the lottery god listening? :p ) can't make it there. So haven't lost all my hope yet but... almost. :(

So who else having major problems going this year?

Don't feel bad dude, they'll be others! I made it last year, but I'm not going to make it either! Distance isn't a problem, since I live in the Volunteer State (Tennessee). For me personally, the lineup just didn't out weigh the cost of the entire weekend. I would have been forced to go solo, and that always makes the cost heavy! Hopefully, next year will be a steller year! Hang in there!

maybe atleast Pollution you will go to PP Europe? which of course I belong in the I can't make it to PP Europe thread...maybe next year for both of us!

I am on an important year long training assignment for my job at Intel. I get back to AZ in august but we are in a pretty strict no fly period till around October so odds are I wouldn't be allowed to take vacation so my going streak will end at 2 years. Hopefully, I will be back next year.

I HATE missing Orphaned Land!! :erk:

tattooedsean666 said:
but we are in a pretty strict no fly period till around October so odds are I wouldn't be allowed to take vacation

WTF?

What does that mean, Sean?

Rock on!

It's really sad that i have to reply to a post in this thread. Was at day 1 of Headway today and talked to the guys from Prymary and we talked about PP and the fact that tickets went on sale today......not for me i'm afraid.

Won't be there....the anual trip to Atlanta is not going to happen this year :yell:

sowwy !!

ashaman7122 said:
WTF?

What does that mean, Sean?

Rock on!

we are learning a new technology for my job with Intel for which we are starting it back up at our fab in Arizona. The first few months are key so there are very limited vacation till October and November so , while I could get a PP ticket and hope that I can go, I am just out of luck.

I had to cancel Wacken, PPUSA, PPeurope. It is a tough year but I still have maryland deathfest, and I will be in chicago for the April 30 first reunion gig and I might get a special priviledge (spelling) at that gig.

I am mainly mad as I really want to see Orphaned land and i tell you now. There are going to be alot of people saying good things after they see their 2 sets.:worship:

pollution said:
So who else having major problems going this year?

Fuck, that blows! It's always good to see ya dude, what am I gonna do without my favorite Swede? :devil:

I will personally chug a Newcastle in your honor....Promise!

AKI! Say it ain't so!!

Damn, that sucks. Sure would be great to see you again. I'd love to headbang to Conception with you!

Don't give up hope! Maybe something will come through........

Kez

Aki & Henk... perhaps you guys can make it to ProgPower Europe... at least there you'd get to see the mighty ORPHANED LAND... \m/ \m/

it won't be the same without you guys.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Fuck, that blows! It's always good to see ya dude, what am I gonna do without my favorite Swede? :devil:

Sure does.. however if I somehow do make it there, you better NOT mention the word "Swede" near me again or you will not make it back home from PP! :p

J-Dubya 777 said:
I will personally chug a Newcastle in your honor....Promise!

Uhh.. you definitely have to drink it faster than I did last year on our small Newcastle drinking contest, loser! :)

About PP Europe, it's actually not too much cheaper to go there for me than PPUsa and I totally prefer PPUsa since I know like almost every 10th person there instead of every 100th in PPEurope.

Maybe I should start carrying a "I'm willing to work for a PPUsa flight ticket" sign? Oh wait, I'm one of the few in the whole country who knows about the festival heheh (well not quite, in fact several newspapers etc mentioned our local mainstream band Nightwish playing PPUsa4).

pollution said:
Sure does.. however if I somehow do make it there, you better NOT mention the word "Swede" near me again or you will not make it back home from PP! :p

Uh, we already know that you are not actually from fuckin' Finland. As you'll recall, last year during the pre-show, after you and Timo Kotipelto had exchanged comments in what the rest of us assumed was rapid-fire Finnish for a few minutes, Timo turned to us and said "He's not really from Finland...he's just faking it." :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

I mean, Timo said so. :D

Hope you can make it, by hook or by crook, by candlelight if necessary. If you can get here, I got ya covered. :headbang:

I didn't get bumped going to Phoenix this year, and the lineup doesn't have anything I feel I can't miss. I am nearly out of debt finally, lol...I am waiting to see what the plans are for Chroma Key and Marillion with the US. I have hope to take trips to Mexico and Park City, Utah for Sundance in the next 10 months so it's more a matter of choice.

But, stranger things have happened..otherwise I'll be looking fwd to PP VII's lineup coming out next March.

Kyle

I cant make it becuase I found out how strained my money is and taking a Progpower trip would totally destroy my finances since its so expensive just to come. I was really planning to go this year too....hrm...oh well, no use being upset. :)

Sorry to say that I had hoped to come this year but will not make it. Maybe next year.
Glenn...........thanks for keeping the flame burning bright brother. keep on doing this please. I hope to see you all next year. Have one hell of a time you all.