Three bands you'd love to see return to Progpower.

Did you catch that original set? Dan stood up there in front of a music stand, turning pages of sheet music as he played. I have a ton of respect for Swano, both as a musician and a producer. However, if you're getting paid to play live music, have enough respect for your audience to memorize your music.

Nope. That was a year before I started coming, and I've never seen them. You know something, that sounds like a lousy live performance, but I STILL would love to hear him singing.

Steve in Philly

Hey, Zod!

Yes, I did see Nightingale's performance at ProgPower II. I'm not a fan of singers having the lyrics on stage with them, either. However, Dan Swano was probably one of the busiest guys in the metal scene circa 2001. Aside from working with Nightingale, he was playing in and/or working as an engineer/mixer/producer for Bloodbath, Dark Funeral, Diabolical Masquerade, Karaboudjan, Nasum, Pain, and The Project Hate MCMXCIX. Granted, he didn't have to take on all of that work, but it's always been in his nature. Considering that he probably didn't have much time to rehearse the material, I didn't deduct points for having the stand on stage. Besides, I think that was the band's first live performance ever. They've performed many times in Europe since then, and the stand was nowhere to be seen. I think they're worth giving another shot.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Myrath
Myrath
Myrath

Also, Illusion Suite and Edguy, because ProgPower is probably the only way Edguy comes back to the U.S.

Considering that he probably didn't have much time to rehearse the material, I didn't deduct points for having the stand on stage.
I appreciate how busy he is, but it just didn't set well with me. That said, I can certainly understand why people would want to give the man a pass on that performance. He does have an amazing voice.

What, no love on this thread for Jon Oliva? :erk:

1. JOP, WMD, or just Jon singing the phone book would make me happy.
2. Circus Maximus
3. Myrath

I don't wanna see Circus Maximus back unless they have a new album out. Between the 4 performances I've seen of them I think I've seen pretty much their whole discography performed live.