Threshold start work on new album

Astrid

Jan 20, 2006
Barendrecht, the Netherlands
Threshold start work on new album

UK progressive metallers Threshold have started writing material for the follow up to their last album Dead Reckoning. The new album is due for release through Nuclear Blast Records sometime in 2011.

Threshold will record the new volume at Thin Ice Studios in the UK, with production as usual by Karl Groom and Richard West. The band's last studio album Dead Reckoning was released in 2007 and enjoyed chart success in the UK, Germany and Holland. Threshold have since released a double album compilation The Ravages Of Time and a box set entitled Paradox - The Singles Collection.

Great news indeed! With a tour and a new album to look forward to, it looks like 2011 could be a GOOD year! :hotjump:

yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg

Finally!!! I can't wait!

I wonder if they'll be able to outdo Dead Reckoning :p, and I'm also intrigued on the sound of the band with Damian. Nevertheless, this'll be a great album!!! Can't wait for some samples!

Yeah:) finally... i know it will be awesome like always:) Hope they will come to Finland... want to see them for the first time, I´ve missed them live:(

Pfffft, Threshold SUCK :p

LOL J/K (did I do that right?) - fantastic news. Pity there won't be any growling on the new one though, that was my favourite ;) Can't someone teach Damian?

I probably missed something, because I haven't seen anywhere a little news from the band...
Damian is officially the "new" Threshold singer or not?

If so, my hope to see Glynn Morgan back has ended...

Thank you Rob.

Only a line in his personal page in the biography section...
Wow, what a celebration, it looks like a treasure quest...

5 years between albums - disrespectful to the audience
Or have a problems with the writing of songs already?

They did a lot of touring and a lot of other project, plus the singles collection needed some recordings as well. All in all they've been pretty busy indeed

I remember the answer of Karl Groom on the question about big distance between Subsurface and Dead Reckoning. He said that they will try to prevent it in the future. And what? There was 3 years, now there will be 5!

Touring? Usually it is a support of an album. 1-2 years, not 4. Now performances are held in limited number of the countries. And what about other fans?
Side projects? Many musicians have it. It's not the argument. The band did not stop to exist for it.
Single collections and other "The best of" are just the dust to the eyes. Not more.

Did they want to beat Def Leppard with their distances 1983-1987, 1987-1992 between the albums? They surpassed.

They choose money from the touring. But the Music stayed far away from them. This is not the art already, it's like the business
As a man I understand them. Not as an amateur of the Music!

Richard once told to an interviewer that the distance between albums helps keeping the songwriting fresh. It indeed helped a lot with Dead Reckoning.

Well, back to Def Leppard. After Pyromania there was successful Hysteria.
But longer distance led to weak (in comparison) Adrenalize.

I think that next Threshold album will be weak too. They can lose their shape in the songwriting.
Album of League Of Lights showed that Richard is not in best shape now.