Trapped, more for your prog kick

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Just heard a new band recommended to me by a friend, Time Requiem. They sound almost exactly like Symphony X (besides the vocalist, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference).

Also, as far as prog goes, check out Manitou if you can find them. It's the former band of the singer from Spiral Architect. It's not insane like SA, but it's an awesome disc, and the vox sound better on it, IMO. They only released one disc "Entrance".

Awesome dude, thanks heaps. I'll check both of them out, Time Requiem is an awesome name!

ha ha, nothing's as crazy as spiral architect :lol:

Thanks for the reccomendations... I'm listening to Adagio at the moment, theres one song that starts of EXACTLY the same as symphony X's "Smoke and mirrors" :lol:

-Kegan

Everywhere I go....it has become my mission to make people not buy the Time Requiem album.
They are the shittiest rip off band ever bestowed upon this earth...
great chops......but 0000000 originality.
If you don't know TR..used to be called Majestic ...they have three albums....
here is a list of the rip off from all 3 albums

dust out your Yngwie CDs and enjoy laughing at this shitty band!!!

Majestic - Abstract Symphony
________

Loser Shades of Hell
Yngwie rip off - Don't Let it End, The Only One

Standing Alone
Yngwie rip off - Crying solo section

Black Moon Rising
Yngwie rip off - Deja Vu

Seekers Battlefield
Yngwie rip off - You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget

Majestic - Trinity Overture
________

Entering the Arena
Yngwie rip off - Rising Force

Voodoo Treasure
Symphony X rip off - Of Sins and Shadows

Rapture of Canaan
Yngwie rip off - Queen In Love

I'll Shoot the Moon
Symphony X rip off - Smoke and Mirrors

Curtain of Fire
Yngwie rip off - My Ressurection

The Breath of Horus
Yngwie rip off - Dark Ages, Queen in Love solo section

Approaching the Storm
Yngwie rip off - Disciples of Hell

Confusicus
Yngwie rip off - Don't Let it End

Time Requiem - s/t
(don't have the song titles)

Track 2
Symphony X rip off - Bird-Serpent War

Track 3
Yngwie rip off - Never Die, Asylum

Track 4
Yngwie rip off - Voodoo Nights, Crying

Track 5
Nightwish rip off - The Pharoah Sails to Orion

Track 6
Dream Theater rip off - Metropolis Part 1
Yngwie rip off - Rising Force

Track 7
Yngwie rip off - Far Beyond the Sun, Wield My Sword

Track 8
Dream Theater rip off - Ytse Jam

have fun :)

Manitou is pretty rad.....
if you like a mix of "No Exit" and "Perfect Symmetry" era Fates Warning you should check it out.

Oyvind is definately not a very original singer....

with Spiral he sounds almost exactly like Buddy Lackey of Psychotic Waltz....but on the Manitou CD he is a dead ringer for Ray Alder in tone....but in singing style and melodies he's sounds like a brilliant combination of Alder and Arch.

the albums hard to find....

if you have troubles let me know....we can work something out :)

Azal

It's all good. If i like symphony x's style, then i'm sure to like another band's style. If they were '100% original" then they wouldn't be similar and i wouldn't like them, now would I? :)

Oh Trapped, did you grab the new SX CD? I just saw them with Blind Guardian and they we sooooooo good! Great set list to! Evolution, smoke and mirrors, sea of lies, egypt, death of balance, of sins and shadows, king of terrors, and 2 other tracks from the new CD.

It's awesome hey dude!

The title track is totally killer, it's another 20+ minute epic, and it's even better than the divine wings of tragedy :eek: Totally killer.

I'm so jealous that you've seen them :) Egypt and Death of Balance live would be amazing :eek:

dude...I don't mind bands that "sound like SX and DT"

these guys steal riffs, melodies, solos, even lyrics note for note...and that's past the point of being inspired by a band....that's plaguarism.

The Death of Balance, a little "The Mirror" anyone? Actually Symphony X are more guilty of ripping themselves off then anyone else. :)
Is it me or is the communion and the oracle (which , don't get me wrong, I like) just comprised of peices of "The Edge of Forever", "The Acolade", and a few other songs off Divine wings? I mean its not just similar riffs, there are parts in TEOF, Acolade, and Oracle, that have THE SAME MELODY!

Oh, so it's okay to pay out SX about it, but it's okay for everyone else eh? :err:

*shakes head*

You fat, cereal eating... uh... fat ceral eater :D

ha ha