VOLBEAT: new album and new guitarist

So Caggiano leaves Anthrax to produce albums again and then joins the first band he produces? Yikes. Can only imagine what the Anthrax guys are thinking.

They're probably thinking the same thing they always do: how do we get on more VH1 metal specials?
That, or "I wonder if we could squeeze a few more dollars out of a tour package if we can talk Dan Spitz into yet another reunion."

For one, I'm STOKED that Caggiano is producing the new Volbeat. I'm a fan of the first 3 albums, but felt the last 2 are a bit stale. Caggiano is an AMAZING producer. One of the best and most versatile in the business.

As for actually joining Volbeat, well, I was super bummed he left Anthrax. If you ask me, he was pretty much THE most important member of the band next to Scott Ian. But, I like Volbeat so this is cool too!

For the comments above I would bet VH1 comes to them not the other way around. And if they get paid so much the better. As far as Dan Spitz, that's just idiotic. They already got Jonathan Donais from Shadows Fall to fill in for the upcoming tour.