WATCHTOWER Control & Resistance reissue

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
We have reissued the classic WATCHTOWER album. This is progressive metal at it's finest.

300.jpg

OVERVIEW:
WATCHTOWER’s Control And Resistance, is a work for the ages, a tech-metal cornerstone, an album that didn’t fit in back in 1989, and certainly has nothing to do with where metal would branch off to when WATCHTOWER themselves laid dormant throughout the 1990s. And that’s the real beauty of Control And Resistance. The rebel spirit of heavy metal isn’t really found in the hordes of spikes-and-leather clone bands and similar fourth-raters that continue to litter metalworld. The true rebel spirit of heavy metal is right here, in the eight sophisticated songs of Control And Resistance that exist only because the creators wanted to bring something truly original into the world. Odd, maybe, that true metal spirit would burn brightest on an album of sublime, progressive tech-metal, but there you have it.

FOR FANS OF:
DREAM THEATER, CONFESSOR, HADES, ATHEIST and RUSH

POINTS OF INTEREST:
+ ORIGINAL EDITION OUT OF PRINT FOR YEARS
+ ORIGINAL LP COVER ART RESTORED
+ CONTAINS ARCHIVAL BAND PHOTOS
+ BRAND NEW ESSAY BY JEFF WAGNER (AUTHOR OF “MEAN DEVIATION – FOUR DECADES OF PROGRESSIVE HEAVY METAL”)
+ LIMITED EDITION – CD ONLY
+ NEW MASTERING BY JAMIE KING
+ LAYOUT/RESTORATION BY ADAM PETERSON (ISIS, DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN and AMORPHIS)

TRACK LIST:
01 Instruments Of Random Murder
02 The Eldritch
03 Mayday In Kiev
04 The Fall Of Reason
05 Control And Resistance
06 Hidden Instincts
07 Life Cycles
08 Dangerous Toy

BUY CD

If you don't have it, buy it!
This disc was my first over the top progressive metal love. I still remember trying to explain to people what I heard there that I liked.
I also remember one friend telling me that they were talentless atonal noise with a lousy singer.
20 some years later, Tecchio is considered one of the icons of the genre and there are still people clamoring for "Mathematics" the new Watchtower disc which we most likely will never see

What's the word on that Lordbane remastering? I thought you guys were working on that, but I could have you mixed up with someone else.

Yes. I personally had LORDBANE remastered. My engineer, Jamie King, upon listening to the original CD informed me it had never actually been mastered at all despite being mixed for proper CD master back in the day. Claus advised me against trying to seek out legit reissue and I took his advice. I am sorry. :(

I remember when I got this when it first came out. I heard them on the Noise comp Doomsday News Part 2. Them, Mordred, Midas Touch and more. I was actually watching them on the Keep It True DVD from a few years ago the other day. great band. Will definetly order this.

I remember when I got this when it first came out. I heard them on the Noise comp Doomsday News Part 2. Them, Mordred, Midas Touch and more. I was actually watching them on the Keep It True DVD from a few years ago the other day. great band. Will definetly order this.

Midas Touch reissue coming in November with unreleased demos from second album and their first demo "Ground Zero." Still working on the Mordred guys. Fool's Game has been at the top of my reissue list since the start. I had it remastered already in hopes of working it all out. :)

So Universal is beginning to loosen its grip on the Noise catalog? Good news!

Some of it. Vendetta did their albums in 2007, Scanner are looking around now (i hope to land North American license). I didn't post them on here, but also just did the D.A.M. albums too. Band has had their rights back since they parted ways with Noise. They had an amazing manager back then to make that happen i will tell ya!

I saw someone was reissuing the first Running Wild.

Words cannot describe how disappointed I was when I found out the Daylight Dies repress was digital only. Was this a band decision?

Some of it. Vendetta did their albums in 2007, Scanner are looking around now (i hope to land North American license). I didn't post them on here, but also just did the D.A.M. albums too. Band has had their rights back since they parted ways with Noise. They had an amazing manager back then to make that happen i will tell ya!

I saw someone was reissuing the first Running Wild.

Interesting. I read an interview with Away from about a year ago that suggested that Voivod was moving forward with the reissue campaign they'd had planned when Sanctuary went tits up about five years ago, but there hasn't been any info about it since then. I can see Universal wanting to hold onto the albums by Noise's better-known artists (Helloween, Gamma Ray, Rage, Running Wild, Voivod), but I'm glad they're letting the lesser-known albums go to labels like yours, which care about them far more than a mega-label ever would.

Words cannot describe how disappointed I was when I found out the Daylight Dies repress was digital only. Was this a band decision?

It was mutual. There just isn't enough demand for an 3 song EP of which some songs have been re-recorded for the full length on relapse. It costs way too much money to press EPs on CD so we opted for bandcamp download which allows for FLAC lossless audio. simply burn to a CD and viola! :)