Wedding songs/ bands

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Ok, so the band I play in is getting a fair bit of wedding bookings for next year (well, each year in Jan/ Feb) and we have been disscusing learning some English songs as the majority of our material is slavic, and we'd like to play for more varied weddings. So far we've learned Better Man (by Robbie Williams ) and Be With You by Mr Big. We've also jammed to Entersandman, but I have a feeling that won't make our wedding sets.

So I was wandering what some of the forums' favourite wedding songs/ music is?

Be as cheesy, classy or diverse as you like. Any crazy idea might actually be a good one

"when a man loves a woman" Percy Sledge
"unchained melody" (this one would be interesting)
"with or without you" U2
"everything i do (i do it for you)" Bryan Adams

any love song from the 80's or 90's would be fair to throw in there...

and actually... just about any Bryan Adams song might work, lol...

I just had 2 metal bands play covers sets at my wedding and sandman was played as was monkey business by skid row, I even joined in and played crues kickstart my heart.

Haha, "Dawn Over A New World" from DragonForce would be funny. It's one of their mellow ballad type songs and the lyrics are so cheesy and would be hilarious in the context of a wedding.

I can't believe no one has mentioned these yet

Aerosmith - Don't wanna miss a thing
Wet wet wet - Sweet Surender
The Police - Every breath you take (I think it hold some kind of record for being the most played song at weddings)
Poison - Every rose has it's thorn

The Police - Every breath you take (I think it hold some kind of record for being the most played song at weddings)

Funny you mentioned that one: That was the first song I danced to with my wife at my wedding. Mainly because it was the only song on the DJ's list that didn't make me want to puke. Unfortunately, my mom shot down our first pick which was a cut off the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack....

Anyway, some suggestions for a wedding band:

Otis Day & the Knights: Shout. (Real crowd pleaser. Watch out for conga lines. My punk cousin had the M.O.D. version played at his wedding!)

Ok, I'm outta ideas.

i played at elmuchoescadawg's wedding and we played Every Rose!
other classics included Sweet Emotion and Holy Smoke!:kickass:

I'd love to do that Aerosmith one, but I think I'll have to learn to sing it. Our main singer doesn't quite have the attitude, stage presence or range for it haha.

My wife has just pointed out that if you listen to the words to every rose has its thorn, verses not just the chorus, its not that suitable for a wedding after all.