What are the happiest metal songs of all time?

Equilibrium, "Mana" :)

Holy shit, someone else that knows Lykathea Aflame. Fuck yes, amazing band; and if you read their lyrics, they are incredibly upbeat/uplifting. The music is brutal, but there is real melody to be found within it that is extremely beautiful. Somehow, it works...plus that drumming is insane.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Now that I've finally managed to find them since 2008.... :)

....Totally agreed. In fact, the song "Flowering Entities" from Lykathea Aflame is a great example of that brutal, yet beautiful/melodious vibe. :kickass:

Glad to see all the love for Addicted. It really is fantastic.

This also came to mind:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting people are talking about some Devin tunes on here but not this one, which I would say is his most light-hearted song. And you gotta love the pure cheese of that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMLXoobDKWs

I'm struggling to come up with something in that video that wasn't hilarious and awesome. I've never really listened to any of Devin Townsend's stuff, but I might have to now.

I would nominate about 50% of Dream Evil's entire catalog as falling into the happy category. Not to mention Trinidad by Edguy, and Life and Times of a Bonus Track. Both of those make me laugh out loud every time.

I'm struggling to come up with something in that video that wasn't hilarious and awesome. I've never really listened to any of Devin Townsend's stuff, but I might have to now.

I would nominate about 50% of Dream Evil's entire catalog as falling into the happy category. Not to mention Trinidad by Edguy, and Life and Times of a Bonus Track. Both of those make me laugh out loud every time.

I would say that was probably the most catchy song he's ever written. It's not very similar to a lot of his other material. I love all his stuff though. His material is just very eclectic.

Equilibrium, "Mana" :)

Now that I've finally managed to find them since 2008.... :)

....Totally agreed. In fact, the song "Flowering Entities" from Lykathea Aflame is a great example of that brutal, yet beautiful/melodious vibe. :kickass:

I have that album too, love it. Too bad there will probably never actually be a follow up. I really wanted to hear how they would have kept progressing.......and think of what people would do at PP if they were there. :heh: