What's your ultimate "summer" time album?

HARDLINE - "Double Eclipse"
JUDAS PRIEST - "Screaming for Vengeance"
AC/DC - "Highway to Hell"
VAN HALEN - "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
SAMMY HAGAR - "V.O.A."
.U.D.O. - "Animal House"
BOSTON - "Don't Look Back"
DIO - "The Last in Line"
MEGADETH - "Rust in Peace"
METALLICA - "Ride the Lightning"
SLAYER - "Seasons in the Abyss"

Queensryche - Empire
Monster Magnet - Monolithic Baby!
Beady Belle - Home
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish
Jorn - Out To Every Nation
HW - A Manifesto For Domination....I listened to mixes of the album constantly all last summer & fall before it came out...every car, iPod, stereo, imaginable.... =)

I have a few summertime albums but the one that will always be at the top of the heap is
the first Montrose album.
Summers are just not complete without it.

Jon.....HUGE props for the Galactic Cowboys mention! I still crank up Space In Your Face quite often......highly overlooked band.

Drew ~

Favorite Summertime Albums have to be remakes of some of the music from the Summer of Love "69"

LOVE - Forever Changes
BUDDY MILES - Them Changes
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY -White Bird
SANTANA - S/T
STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK - S/T
JAMES GANG(Not the one with Joe Walsh, the one from Doraville) - Georgia Pines

I hate posting one after another but i got to do it this once, Above i mentioned the James Gang from Georgia, well here is a clip of them with some of the most notable musicians from Atlanta, ie Buddy Buie, Rodney Mills, Will Bomar, and members from an Atlanta band called the BUSHMAN(who were popular in the late 60's) some of you older Atlanta Residents(Pellaz) may remember them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't listen to anything seasonally, however these make me think of summers in the past:
Twisted Sister- Stay Hungry
Tony Carey- Some Tough City
Aldo Nova- Aldo Nova
Cheap Trick- Live at Bodokan
Judas Priest -Turbo
Saxon- Crusader

Def Leppard-Hysteria
Poison-Open Up and Say Ahhh
Motley Crue-Girls Girls Girls
Anything by Crowded House
Midnight Oil-Blue Sky Mining
Noiseworks-s/t

Wow, this is a great topic! I have a ton of albums that I particularly listen to in the summer time but there is one that sticks out in my mind above all else and just may be my favorite album of all time...

Damn+Yankees+-+Front+(FreeCovers.net).jpg

There is something about this album that just gets me in that summer time mood. It makes me think of Summer of 2005 being down at the Jersey shore, chasing this girl that I was into at the time who I worked with all summer long, finally getting her alone down the shore and kissing her on the beach for the first time, several weeks later losing my virginity. Things wouldnt work out between us once September hit but ill never forget that summer as I was always a shy kid and it was that summer that I grew some balls, gained confidence and broke out of my shell. I was listening to this album constantly as it just had the type of vibe that made me feel complete bliss. My favorite song is "Tell Me How You Want It". Other songs on the album that I just love are "Rock City", "Runaway", "Bad Reputation" and obviously the big singles "High Enough" and "Coming of Age". This album will always hold a special place in my heart.

Other albums that come to mind when I think of summer are...

Accept "Metal Heart" and Judas Priest "Defenders of the Faith" - I got both of these at the same time summer of 2002 just from doing well in school and moving on to the next grade as a gift from my mom. I remember tanning in my backyard and listening to both on my walkman and my head just exploding because they were so amazing.

Iron Maiden "Best of the Beast" my first ever metal album in the summer of 2000 and then buying "Killers" and "Seventh Son" later that summer on vacation in Georgia. Maiden would go on to be my favorite band.

Y&T "Contagious"
Skid Row "Skid Row"
Whitesnake "Whitesnake"
Ratt "Dancing Undercover"
Vinnie Vincent Invasion "All Systems Go"
Edguy "Hellfire Club"
Tesla "Mechanized Warfare"

and the list goes on....

I know for sure that this summer ahead will be ALOT of "Dark Horse" by Nickelback. I am just blown away by this album and can't wait to see them again in July. Also will be listening to the new Papa Roach alot, another one that I am listening to in great amounts right now.

ZZ Top's Cheap Sunglasses seemed like the official Song of Summer in Houston in the mid '80s -- radio stations played that song almost hourly. As far as albums, mine are:

ZZ Top - Eliminator
Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse
Angel - Sinful

Not all metal, but here’s my list. By the way, I notice that all of these were released during or prior to the year I graduated from college. Either there haven’t been any good summertime metal albums for almost 20 years…or summer just isn’t as special when ya gotta work for a living. :D

Babylon A.D. – S/T
The Cult – Sonic Temple
Damn Yankees – S/T
Dio – The Last in Line
Night Ranger – Midnight Madness
Queensryche – Rage for Order
Scorpions – Love at First Sting
Warrior Soul – Last Decade Dead Century
Whitesnake – S/T
Winger – S/T
Yes - 90125