Which of these deserve the constant criticism that's thrown at them?

System Of A Down - They do some interesting things with their music. Mike Patton kind of music.

Slipknot - Everyone hates them but I dont give a rat's ass. I've been listening since 2000. I love their music but they should just drop the gimmicky shit and stop trying to scare people.

Mudvayne - They're ignored as Slipknot clones for their facepaint but they are different and they're not gimmicky. I like some of their songs a lot.

Disturbed - I hate this band. Weak ass nu-metal with a singer sounding like he's choking on food.

Korn - They started the nu-metal trend. Some songs are alright... I used to love em when I was a 15 year old nu-metal kid. It's lame how they sponser brand name clothing like Calvin Klein or Fubu :rolleyes: They're like fucking ad billboards than musicians.

Linkin Park - One of the worst obviously. Limp Bizkit/Deftones rip offs. I hate this fucking band. Bunch of whining rap rocking pansies with no talent or originality what so ever. Someone shoot them please...

System of a Down - Not the worst nu-metal, but not good by any stretch

Slipknot - All the anger and rebellion you can buy for $20

Mudvayne - They can handle odd time signatures

Disturbed - They are evil and stuff with their logo, they even might like the devil, at least that's what I heard.

Korn - They should change their name to stinky :p

Linkin Park - Horrible, pure filth

Guardian of Darkness said:
Are they nu-metal? Does it matter? Are they good, or at least bearable? What are your opinions of these bands?

System of a Down
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Korn
Disturbed
Linkin Park

for the record, they are all garbage, and they don't deserve to be labeled Metal at all. and they deserve the worst this world has to offer (and this is an extremely cruel world).

ffanatic said:
They'd also be a lot better if they didn't use Pro-Tools...

They should also be dead.

MURAI said:
System Of A Down - They do some interesting things with their music. Mike Patton kind of music.

Please don't compare them to Mike Patton, he is a fucking pathetic dickweed.

for the record, Disturbed is fucking horrible and should be stopped.

I only know system of a down of those.They are quite ok, but not what you expect when listening to metal. I think they are really easy to get into because of heavy guitars and some melodies (they remind me a bit of queen), but they are a boredom in a short time, because when you listened to that catchy heavy riff some times there is just nothing more to discover.

Slipknot would be great if they stopped trying to be 'death' metal with their one-riff monotone wannabe heavy songs and their shit lyrics.

We went from "I wipe it off on tile, the light is brighter this time, everything 3-D blasphemy, my eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I pictured me..." to "I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound..." Wow.

Also, it would help if they lost like 30 band members and their guitarist would take the dick out of his ass and show some respect to SRV and Page and Iommi. Pride's good, but arrogance breeds hate.

I think this thread may have just signaled the END for underground metal, UM is infested it seems, it used to be a haven for underground fans, I realize people have different tastes, but why?, Why would anyone listen to these fuckin bands, they all suck, I am not an elitist, I listen to actual music with actual feeling, not image powered, gimick hawking, non talented piles of shit you guys are talking about. Fact, SOAD is total horse shit, their riffs are insanely lame and when my artsy fartsy cousin of 25 years old told me they were geniuses and made me listen to them, I fucking laughed at most of the cheesy ass damn riffs, thier drummer blows, and Mr. Grover doing vocals is lousy, HE SUCKS. This is my opinion of the other bands-for each of these untelanted radio whores there are thousands of actual bands playing actual music. Just admit it everyone(asides a few that is who replied ealier in this thread) You are listening to POP and calling it metal. Post this shit at a pop BB.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
yeah well...ppl feel the need to speak about shitty pop rock every 3 days and those who post about it feel the need to defend Kern and Dizturd and Shitknot and all the other boybands. it will never end

It saddens me though, decaying minds taking the corporate hook, metal is so much more than these bands, I have been had, for the past year and a half I thought I was posting on a metal forum, seems I wasn't. :tickled:

yeah i know, goddamn corporate propaganda!! i agree, theres much much more to metal than these stupid ass bands with songs with no more than 3 riffs. ever wonder why it takes them so long to make new albums? well its b/c they need time to rearange the same chords 12 different times. musical talent is shit in mainstream

The only band I cant stand out to listen to in that list, is Mudvayne. I dont bother use time on the others, I dont like them.
Mudvayne's musicians are very talented, especially the bassist and the drummer. They handle odd timesignatures, heck I even believe I noticed a 15/16 once! If they got a different guitarist though, they'd maybe join my list of fave bands, he's really pulling it down with his repetetive "numetal" riffs.

Ppl, give them a chance before you put them in booth with Disturbed and Linkin Park.
Forget all about Dig, they made a huge mistake with that one.
Try hear Nothing to Gein, Death Blooms, Prod and Severed.

MardyAss said:
The only band I cant stand out to listen to in that list, is Mudvayne. I dont bother use time on the others, I dont like them.
Mudvayne's musicians are very talented, especially the bassist and the drummer. They handle odd timesignatures, heck I even believe I noticed a 15/16 once! If they got a different guitarist though, they'd maybe join my list of fave bands, he's really pulling it down with his repetetive "numetal" riffs.

Ppl, give them a chance before you put them in booth with Disturbed and Linkin Park.
Forget all about Dig, they made a huge mistake with that one.
Try hear Nothing to Gein, Death Blooms, Prod and Severed.

Friend, I have heard all that shit, it really didn't impress me, although that is just my opinion. I am just surprised that this many people here at UM talk about these bands with this amount of frequency. It saddens me :cry:

@-Nataservent, You're welcome.

System of a Down = bearable, but barely because of Serj's progressively annoying voice
Mudvayne = very good band skillwise, but lacking on the total effect of songs.
Slipknot = complete SHIT. grade A 100% AAFSA (American Association For Sucking Ass) approved BULLSHIT (also, they have no 'old' songs. They are a semi new band. nothing is old unless its back in the 80's)
Korn = very talented, experimental, and pretty damn cool. I like
Disturbed = annoying, monotonous, and uncreative riffs. Hell, the bass plays almost the same thing as the guitar does (which most of the time is repeadtedly beating the shit out of ONE NOTE for 2 minutes)
Linkin Park = ehh... I used to be into them seriously, but not much anymore. They've gone too commercial and the music's suffered cuz o that. Very uncreative stuff too. most rap/metal sux and Chester's voice just makes it worse

Guardian of Darkness said:
Are they nu-metal? Does it matter? Are they good, or at least bearable? What are your opinions of these bands?

System of a Down
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Korn
Disturbed
Linkin Park

Actually, I don't believe that any of these bands deserve the crap that is thrown at them. Although the only band up there that I like is SOAD, I still have respect for the others as musicians. The same even goes for pretty much any musician out there. Even (Gasp!!!) Metallica. They are still musicians, although Lars is a cock. It sucks that they sold out, but only for me. It suits them well, and even though pretty much everything that they have put out since Justice is crap, it works for them; I may not like it, but I can still respect it.

Fascinating...

System of a Down are ok, their first album is good.
Mudvayne, as everyone said should ditch their guitarist.
Linkin park = shit
Slipknot, lose the masks, lose some members, lose the vocalist, and actually showcase talent...wait that would actually make them a total different band..
Disturbed=shit
Anyway...

Sorry AjDeath and MightyDrynwhyl, but I don't agree on your views. Linkin Park aren't metal, and I would consider SOAD more hard rock than metal. But I would actually consider Mudvayne and Slipknot metal, as shit as Slipknot are. What makes them "unmetal" to you? I'm sure there are so called "real" metal bands that are total shit as well that you don't like? C'mon, just because it's mainstream and you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't metal? It just means you don't like it because of their gimmicks and so on, fullstop.

*awaits flaming*

Heres a short summary: :p

System of a Down: At least they're original.
Mudvayne: I completely hate 'em, the fact that their drummer can play in weird paces doesn't cure it.
Slipknot: Hate 'em
Korn: Hate 'em
Disturbed: They have a couple of decent songs, but they're way to cheesy
Linkin Park: Boyband /w guitars.