who want to mix the new album of my band? new competition here!

amazing offer! ;)

I'm working at a project at the moment with about 8 vocaltracks per song (13 in total) that need to be tuned....to make this competition even more interesting the winner is allowed to tune them for me!! (for free of course).

I might have some dirty dishes that need to be cleaned as well, but I request a test-cleaning first....:headbang:

I can do it for ya, Lasse but I want to pay !!!!
I'll give you 4000Euro right?!?!!
I'm for it! looooooooooooollllllllllllllll :lol::lol::lol:

As this is my first post here, I first wanna say hi to everyone end express my gratitude for all the useful info I found on this forum.

I`ve been looking for some tracks to practice (besides my own band) so this came in pretty handy.
Here`s the sync-fest I managed to pull out of this in a few hours :loco:

http://www.box.net/shared/3el3g4zs4o

wow, needs some prep work to be usable.

is it me or does 2 out of sync "stereo" kick tracks sound odd?

anyway might want to brush up on how to prepare tracks for mixing if you want your tracks to have any attention.

you could at least give some timing info, that would be helpful.

Awesome, thanks for the info Jester :kickass:

Here is the link to the mix I did

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12423

I worked nonstop for about 90 min to 2hr on it. I'll prob work on it a little bit more tommorrow, when I have fresh ears. I want to work on the Rhythm Guitars a little bit more, and try and squeeze some more midrange meat out of them.

Most of it sounds good, but those guitars were hurting my ears and now my ears feel weird. I don't know if that's the way they were recorded or mixed, but way too much high end and no meat in my opinion.

I can't believe the tracks weren't exported so that they all line up. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to guess where things belong. Especially when their are some timing issues and nothing seems to work out.

Most of it sounds good, but those guitars were hurting my ears and now my ears feel weird. I don't know if that's the way they were recorded or mixed, but way too much high end and no meat in my opinion.

I can't believe the tracks weren't exported so that they all line up. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to guess where things belong. Especially when their are some timing issues and nothing seems to work out.

Yes. I agree with your observation of the mix I posted. I was initially having trouble getting the guitar frequncies in order. There are 4 Rhythm guitar tracks, and each one unprocessed are a little dull in the high end, and fuzzy in the mid range, lacking some of the crucial mid-range definition that crunch guitars should have. Its workable though, and they can be brought out. It was hastey of me to post that mix, especially considering It was a fast mix, wth no time to be objective. I was unsure about the instrument timing and sync of the tracks, and wanted Felipe's opinion before I continued.
In that posted mix, there is a little too much 8-12khz on the guitars, and it is a little fatiueging, but I needed a clearer reference for when I went back to the mix to finish it, and I'd rather have them be "obvious" and "cut" frequencies, than have them "dull", and "boost". I also panned them incorrectly, which conrtributed to some "wierdness" in the frequencies. However, the character of the mix I wanted to achieve is there, albiet with maybe a little to much compression.

I have the settings worked out now, and a much more open, punchy, dynamic and transparent mix is ready. But Im hesitant to post it. I'd rather Felipe upload synced tracks, so my mix can sound a little tighter :Smokedev:

I might be going on a limb here, but it seems like this could be a joke. This is so poorly prepared, and the guy isn't even posting back.

Hi guys.
1st post. Been lurking here a while. Best music forum ever.
This thread was so hilarious I had to download this thing and have a little look see.

Here is what I found out:

- Tempo = 150bpm no tempo changes (although that is debatable)

- All tracks start at zero except the following:
Rythm gtrs (all 4), the 3 Lead gtr tracks and Harmony Vox start = half way through measure 1 (beat 3)
Bass start = Beginning of measure 2

- I will from now on call all my kick tracks Bombo

- Watch out for the fucking bells...seriously

I ran it through the trusty Mixomatic5000 with the toomucheverything preset on
Soundclick link to the Pete mix

Anyhoo.. :headbang:

edit- fixed lead track info and mix updated

Hi guys.
1st post. Been lurking here a while. Best music forum ever.
This thread was so hilarious I had to download this thing and have a little look see.

Here is what I found out:

- Tempo = 150bpm no tempo changes (although that is debatable)

- All tracks start at zero except the following:
Rythm gtrs (all 4) and Harmony Vox start = half way through measure 1 (beat 3)
Bass start = Beginning of measure 2

- I will from now on call all my kick tracks Bombo

- Watch out for the fucking bells...seriously

I ran it through the trusty Mixomatic5000 with the toomucheverything preset on
Soundclick link to the Pete mix

Anyhoo.. :headbang:

Haha...awesome. Alas though. I think you forgot about the Lead guitars & Solo duriong the bridge. I think they are off too. They start early I think.

Thanks for the info, especially about the tempo ! - I have little patience when it comes to trying to figuere that stuff out :)

I think I'll just re-import the wavs at 150 bpm and finish the mix tommorrow (going to Gigantour tonight).

Nice mix too Stormlord. Conservative and balanced. Personally, I'd bump up the lead vox a little, it seemed maybe 1db to low on first listen. I like the vox to be upfront and present. A matter of taste I guess.:Smokedev: --- and forget about the bells, what about the french horns/trombones in the bridge ? - very strident and piercing (then again, I made the orchestra track more hyped. One of my last tasks is to tame those horns.