Whoracle, What's So Great About It?

The vocals rock. The lyrics rock. The drums rock. The guitars rock. The production rocks. The entire album is a phenomenal masterpiece. That's my opinion. I think it betters TJR (don't get me wrong, this too is a great album), simply due to the added aggression. Definitely one of my favourite albums ever to grace my ears. Dude, you love R2R, but think that Whoracle is just above mediocre. You must be one of them faggot people I keep hearing about.

And yes, I'm attacking your opinion, because ultimately, it is shit. You are wrong. I am right.

You can't honestly think that the drums rock, they're some of the worst sounding I've ever heard on an album.

Sounds great DoRe, you can think that if you want. I'm sure if you share this with your friends when you hang out that you attacked some kid on a forum, they'd clap you on the back and congratulate you for a job wel done.

I do love R2R, and I love Whoracle... It's just not the best In Flames album.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it though.

Jester Script Transfigured is by far the best In Flames song..... the melodic harmonized leads during the chorus and bridge sections give me chills. Anything that gives me chills = fucking good.

Jotun is also a goddamn owner of a song, and Gyroscope has some amazing harmonized leads as well. How can you not like that spacy sounding interlude in Episode 666? That part is fucking amazing.

Not enough solos on this album? Food For the Gods, Morphing Into Primal, and The Hive had some great ones. Although none of them will ever be as good as the Suburban Me solo, but that's only because Chris Amott plays it, and can easily wreck any guitar player In Flames has ever had.

@Demonic Science

Dude, you just robbed exactly what I was going to say. While I was reading this thread, all I was thinking was Jotun, Jotun, Jotun

Song that got me hooked on IF, still my favourite.

BastrdDrmr said:
Jester Script Transfigured is by far the best In Flames song..... the melodic harmonized leads during the chorus and bridge sections give me chills. Anything that gives me chills = fucking good.

Sorry, but the best IF song is Man Made God! Jester Script Transfigured is maybe 2nd :D

Hm.

I'm a sellout faggot, can't help it. I enjoy catchy metal... Hence why Colony and R2R are up on top as my favorites.

I'm a poser too... I even like bands like Megadeth. Gasp.

Whoracle's near the bottom of list for me. It's not as thrashy as TJR. And Episode 666 is the most overrated song of all time. Jotun, JST, and Worlds are great songs, but the others seemed kind of blah.
And Man Made God is essentially a watered down version of Zombie, Inc., for whoever said that it was the best song ever.

In my opinion the production on whoracle is better that the one on TJR. The guitarsound is warmer and thicker. It has some good solos but Clayman is the best IF album solo wise.

Like Whoracle with TJR as a close second followed by Clayman.

MasterOLightning said:
And Man Made God is essentially a watered down version of Zombie, Inc., for whoever said that it was the best song ever.

WTF?!
shocked.gif

Episode 666 was much better on the Live recording in Koln... It's still overrated, but it's a great song live, especially when Anders has the crowd sing along, and he puts the mic right in front of you.

I don't really understand how you could find Episode 666 boring. I scratch my head at that and people who say Dark Tranquillity's Feast of Burden are boring.

Episode just has this timing with the low-end guitar stuff that makes me want to bang my head until it falls off. Also, the verse lyrics are cool (as IF stuff usually is) and the vocals! They're awesome.

Jotun is also a very good reason I like Whoracle. 'the priviledge, of a 22 kilometer tombstone...'

The intro riff and the verse riff are awesome, as well.

and Jester Script Transfigured. The lyrics are all whacked out, too. like WOAH. and the solo that's at the very end, if you listen closely, rocks my socks. and my box. and my glocks.

For a long time, Whoracle beat out The Jester Race as my favorite In Flames album. Then I kind of got tired of it (from overplaying) for a while and The Jester Race was my favorite again. But overall, I think Whoracle is an amazing album. Anders' vocals sound much clearer and more suited to the music. I liked his vocals in The Jester Race, but he seemed to mumble quite a bit. I love the production of Whoracle as well. The guitar, bass, and the drums all sound great. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks "Jester Script Transfigured" is an amazing song. The review on www.allmusic.com says, "Softer numbers like "Jester Script Transfigured," with its half-acoustic Metallica ballad vibe, could probably have been left off this otherwise powerful recording." I don't know how someone can listen to this song and not get any feelings from it. Definitely my favorite track off the album.