WOLF... anyone?

skeksis

deth to gelfling
Sep 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
"The Black Flame" is one of the more interesting releases of 2006, in this humble opinion. It's held it's own on the Century Media US Shop Top 100 for a while, so it's got some following, and has received good critical review. Yet, if memory serves, I haven't seen Wolf brought up... opinions of the album/band, fit for PP8 or Showcase, and so on...?

Wolf - "I Will Kill Again"
YouTube - Wolf - I Will Kill Again

i kinda rank them in the same boat as Icarus Witch for some reason

Bingo. The reason being both singers are very similiar as well as production on both bands latest CDs.

And they are both straight ahead traditional melodic 80s metal. Right up my alley.

Good solid band live, heard some whiners complain they sounded too much like early Maiden, but I didn't have a problem with them at all. They'd make a good addition to PP at some point.

"The Black Flame" is one of the more interesting releases of 2006, in this humble opinion. It's held it's own on the Century Media US Shop Top 100 for a while, so it's got some following, and has received good critical review. Yet, if memory serves, I haven't seen Wolf brought up... opinions of the album/band, fit for PP8 or Showcase, and so on...?

Wolf - "I Will Kill Again"
YouTube - Wolf - I Will Kill Again

They put on a great show at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, would love to see them again. Sonata Arctica, also recieved a great response from the crowd.:headbang:

That's cool that some of you have actually seen them. I'd love to. I'm particularly fond of the guitar work on the new album... every solo is killer.

Another song off "Black Flame," The Bite, is on their myspace page for further listening for those interested or still forming an opinion:
www.myspace.com/wolfheavymetal

Wolf is an excellent band and they really came full circle with The Black Flame. Their best album to date IMO. And it's not just the guitar solos that are killer; the bass lines dance around nicely and the drummer is a maniac without being repetitive.

Black Flame has landed solidly on my top ten of 2006 list.