worst cob album

OH MAN!!!! Really difficult question! :( I can't say that I like less anyone of COB's albums, but I'll give it a try. My list is:

Something Wild
Toky Warhearts
Hatebreeder
Follow The Reaper

I don't list Death Roll Hatecrew 'cause I don't have listen all the songs. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow:D :D

Originally posted by Shadeg
worst cob album? I need to borrow something from Tut..

clicksmilies25617.png

;)

anyone who thinks the same, feel free to add that to your sigs! :D

best to less liked...
hatebreeder
something wild
tokyo warhearts
Follow the reaper
Hate crew Deathroll

i cant believe the amount of people that hate SW, now that is an album, i think people should listen to it more, that was their heavy music in my opinion, HCD is just a shitload of sloppy distortion if you ask me, but then again who did ask me...

what ever happened to their ear piercing tight riffs like on HB, those squeels and the sharpness it had, amazing, SW definately had this in it aswell, tightness and great melodies...and tokyo...well yeah i love live albums and this was a great recording, combined both of their best albums.

follow the reaper i feel was their downfall, was okay, but not a great album, had its moments but declined greatly from hatebreeder, and well what can i say about HCD, how electronic has their music become, those keyboards are shocking, some good keys, but overall i hate it. And whoever stated a new metal sound in parts, i definately agree, the start of chokehold, that just screams it hahaha :(
majority of you say "lyrics mean shit in metal" "if you take lyrics seriously in metal your stupid" or something along those lines, man lyrics are PART of the makeup of the music, if your not going to take lyrics seriously, dont add them, just play, lyrics add a whole new dimension to the music, if they mean nothing, why add them??!, they are EXTREMELY important, if you make a joke of them, the music becomes a joke, it degrades the rest of the sound.

only musician that stood out as advancing in talent is jaska, getting pretty good indeed. nothing else really stood out, and something that shits me, is alexi is really the only one who gets air time, in the vid its constantly him him him, its not child of bodom is it?

now if my head isnt cut off by now, it soon will be...CoB are quickly going from what they were to just pure...hmm bad?
alcohol i reckon is they key to this, people that brag that alcohol is "godly" and "fun" well...tsk tsk, shame on you, its more destuctive than you will realise, and i only think 3 or so people actually realise it on these boards.

well yeah, thats all from me, just my opinion after all

there is no worst because they are ALL good!!!
Its just a preception of which one is the (least) best

I view them in this order

1. Hate Crew Deathroll
2. Hatebreeder/Tokyo Warhearts
3. Follow the Reaper
4. Something Wild

However my opinion changes as i listen to them more and more..... I may get tired of a certain cd after a short while... and one may go up or down on my list.....
But overall I dont think ANY of obs work is bad they are all Well thought out pieces of music... and so ends my thought

If you dont like what I say........ I DONT CARE BWAHAHAAHAHHAHAAH

eh oh well

okayz
im leaving now
bye

why u still reading this

I SAID BYE

STOP READING

YOU SUCK!

whatsinaname, that's your opinion. In my opinion Hate Crew Deathroll is the best album I've ever heard in my life, so there. :p And by the way, Children of Bodom is a fucking joke! Let me repeat from some other thread I posted in: COB MIXES NINTENDO MELODIES WITH DEATH METAL (well, not death anymore)!

hey stun

well good to see that the opinion was actually taken, and not shot out of the water like ive seen majority of people here do

"fuck you, you are gay and lying" something like that...hmm intelligent bunch.

anyway glad to see you like the new release

have a good one

Oh if someone says you are gay and lying that's just sort of a running gag with these goons. :) It all started with Children of Sinergy's famous post. I don't remember the context, but I guess it was funny enough to repeat a billion times or so.

I really don't agree about the only musician progressing any is Jaska though. It doesn't make sense to me at all. Alexi's singing with a much higher (more difficult as well) voice, but sometimes it is mostly clean... now he sounds like a really pissed off, blackened death metal/punk singer. I mean listen to his screams (like in Sixpounder: WAR!)... and I hope you can see that Janne is playing is craziest solos yet... and he is experimenting with many different new sounds (which you of course you don't like)... also, Alexi does his fastest (and slowest solos), and a couple nice in-between ones. I think this is a big improvement over the usual solo styling before now (think Black Widow and compare it to say, the title track, HCD)... and even Henkka has been brought out more in the front and does more than just play exactly what Ale is playing (or Alexi, depending on the part of the song). Well, these are my observations.

I hate when bands never really change (ex: Slayer) and it gets so boring... I'm glad CoB are doing lots of different things! :headbang: Hatebreeder rules too though! It's more of an old-school metal album, while HCD has it's own unique sound imo...

hey,

yeah i undertand the gay and lying thing, been reading the boards for ages, but never wanted to post. but yeah still, its pretty sad if you ask me hehe

i didnt say jaska was the only one to progress, i said the only one that stood out...to me

i agree with you about your comments though, yes janne is playing some amazing tunes, but also lacks it or doesnt exactly express it much,
to me, janne is playing the same tunes over and over and over, just bits and pieces here and there, thats what i feel let him down, and the electronic sounds, needled 24/7 for example, what is that?? this isnt a nightclub haha

yes henkka has changed too, but once again, didnt stand out to ME, but definately i am one of my own, just me, so its just my interpretation.

and alexi to me was a huge let down, punk singer you say? i thought they were melodic death, i dont like the new changes, to me it was like going from reggae to dance, bit of an exageration, but you catch my drift.

ale, well he got pushed aside a bit hey, poor fella :(