Zierler Projects - names we all know and love!

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Saw this on Facebook this evening, a nice one to look forward to:

Zierler Projects

Finn Zierler - Keyboards (Beyond Twilight)
Bobby Jarzombek – Drums (Rob Halford, Fates Warning, Arch/Matheos, Sebastian Bach, Iced Earth)
Per Nilsson – Guitars and Bass (Scar Symmetry, Kaipa),
Kelly Sundown Carpenter - Vocals (Beyond Twilight, Darkology, Epysode, Outworld)
Truls Haugen – Vocals and Bass live (Insense, Circus Maximus)

http://www.zierlerprojects.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zierler-Projects/501376979896876

Press release on the main website:

Zierler Projects was a closely guarded secret until the first matrix’s formation was announced on 26th. November 2012.

Zierler said, “I’ve had the idea in mind for some time now. All the guys in the matrix are amongst my personal favourites and have been it for years. As with any “supergroup”, bringing together the best talent doesn’t mean things will work out – however in this case it did. It’s an absolute pleasure to work with each one of these great musicians – on every level.”

Zierler describes the music-
“It’s a journey through my musical moods, sometimes brutal, nightmarishly technical, crushingly dark and very progressive. The performances on this album are simply inhuman, just a smashing and fantastic job by everyone involved.”

Teaser video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was going to be called Beyond Twilight according to something I read a while ago. Excited for new material from Zierler.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/195108 :

Zierler Projects have released a three-minute clip of the track 'Aggrezzor' on the group's Facebook page.

The track will appear on Zierler Projects upcoming album. Zierler said, "you don't have to 'like' the page in order to hear the samples. I see more and more artists going in that direction which I personally find pretty ridiculous. How can the listeners 'like' something they haven't heard yet? If they like it after listening to it that is cool but they should at least have the chance to listen to it first."

If you have followed Finn Zierler throughout his career, you know that he is always up for pushing boundaries and for surprising people. "The lyrics for Aggrezzor are about the social media amongst other things which is exactly why I have chosen to release it on Facebook. I'm well aware that it can be misunderstood by some and others might be offended but I hope people will get the message, the irony and humour between the lines. At least it might give people something to think about."

A YouTube clip of Per Nilsson playing the solo for 'Aggrezzor' can be viewed below:

Last edited by a moderator:
God I love the Jarzombeks. What a pair of crazy awesome psychos.

That clip sounded great. Looking forward to this disc for sure.

ZIERLER - Jacob Hansen Mixed Debut Coming In Early 2014

Mastermind Finn Zierler has posted the following update about the forthcoming ZIERLER album, which is now tentatively set for an early 2014 release.

"Finally, some long-awaited updates. It's been a long and winding road - ran into a myriad of complications in an effort to make this album as envisioned and deliver the ultimate experience for Zierler fans. The delay proved necessary. Right now, I am working with Mr. Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, DESTRUCTION, HEAVEN SHALL BURN) mixing the album. Make no mistake - it will be worth the wait!"

This album has been completed for well over a year and there has not been a single update since August of 2013. I know Finn is "eccentric" BUT come on now! Is the album SO good that no label is worthy or is it the opposite? Judging by the players involved it's probably great. Anyone?