Åkesson: It Will Be Hard To Fill Peter's Shoes But I Will Do My Best

Apr 8, 2006
Lahore, Pakistan
"First I would like to say that I'm really exited and honored to join OPETH — amazing band and really cool people. I understand that Peter will be missed. He is a great guitar player and a very nice guy... It will be hard to fill his shoes but I will do my best and more.

"Great thanks to all OPETH fans for your welcome!!!! Looking forward to see you on the road..."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73346

:Smug:

ive been talking with him over myspace messages a bit, and he seems like a great guy, i also have checked out some of his playing on Arch Enemy and Krux and it kicks a lot of ass. heres one of the messages he wrote me after i asked him what his influences were and what he thought of the opeth back-catalogue:

I have been a fan of Opeth for many years
and i like the whole back-catalogue.When i grew up i started upp with Judaspriest,Ironmaiden,Accept,Dio,Black sabbath,Rainbow (with dio)..Then i got into Rush,Deep purple,Frankmarino,Michael Shenker ,Uli roth,Yngwiemalmsteen,matallica ,Slayer,Megadeth,Pantera....and many moore.next week i will put some clipps of me playing live on this site....

All the best
Fredrik