Peter's back!

kajsborv

May 22, 2003
Norrköping
Visit site
Updated: THE HAUNTED Rejoined By Original Singer! - Oct. 6, 2003

Swedish high-energy thrashers THE HAUNTED have officially parted ways with vocalist Marco Aro and have replaced him with his predecessor, the group's original frontman Peter Dolving (MARY BEATS JANE, THE PETER DOLVING BAND).

"The rock just does it for me!" Peter writes on his web site. "OK, it's official. I'll be joining THE HAUNTED again. Marco wanted to be a bricklayer and I'm getting my second kid so it seems a perfect thing for this time in my life (doing the DIY-thing really has you hanging by the skin of your teeth financially...). I joined the band for a couple of shows this summer and it worked out great, so I'm really looking forward to writing, recording and getting back out on the road with the band again. THE PETER DOLVING BAND will continue. We are recording the new album this winter and we'll tour when I'm not out with THE HAUNTED. As far as the NEW MARY BEATS JANE album, the songs are almost done and we begin rehearsing for the studio within the next couple of weeks. Holy shit, I'll be working hard over the next three years..."

THE HAUNTED guitarist Patrik Jensen commented, "I was very sad to see Marco leave the band. However, I fully respect him for following his heart on what he felt needed to be done. We wish both him, and his family, all the best! We will definitely miss having him in the band. At the same time, I am very grateful to welcome Peter back into the THE HAUNTED. I think we all, including Marco, agree on that Peter is the perfect choice to pick up where Marco left off!"

THE HAUNTED have fulfilled their contractual obligations to Earache Records and are expected to sign a new record deal during the coming months. The group's last album, "One Kill Wonder", was released this past February.

That text was stated on blabbermouth (www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net)

It's fucking great!

I think hardcore shouts are the best vocal style for thrash metal, so what? thats why I enjoy bands like Shadows Fall so much...

As much as I like hardcore-orientated vocals, I kinda prefer Marco. Simply because his voice was more diverse than Peter's.

But still, Im glad it's Peter that replaced him, I wouldnt want anyone else singing for The Haunted \m/

I used to prefer Marco over Petey, but i've changed my mind. Although Marco did seem to have more range, his style is very generic and doesn't do much for the music in my opinion. Petey's vocals are truly misanthropic, and to boot he's a damn intelligent and cool guy. I'm glad Pete's coming back!

I only heard about this a couple of weeks ago. Talk about behind the times......

Shame to see Marco go, but it's fantastic to see Peter back. He's a great vocalist.