The Haunted.....To Start Recording This Month!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
THE HAUNTED To Begin Recording New CD This Month

Swedish thrashers THE HAUNTED will enter Studio Fredman in Gothenburg on February 23 to begin recording their fourth full-length album, tentatively due late summer through an as-yet-undetermined label.

The group, who were recently rejoined by original vocalist Peter Dolving (MARY BEATS JANE, THE PETER DOLVING BAND) following the departure of Marco Aro, recorded a pre-production tape of four new songs last month for shopping purposes. A three-song CD containing the tracks "Almost Alive", "99" and "Burnt To A Shell" is currently being used to procure a new record deal for the group.

THE HAUNTED, who are expected to spend five weeks in the studio recording and mixing their new album, fulfilled their contractual obligations to Earache Records with the release of 2003's "One Kill Wonder".

From Blabbermouth.Net

Peter's voice is pure evil. Saw them live. They kick ass. Peter's an angry-man
on stage.

They're like the best old Slayer on Anabolic Steroids.

I liked both singers though.

You saw The Haunted with Peter Dolving?........Well they never toured America with him.......Where in Europe did you see them Off. Nice?......You peaked my curiousity?..........I never did get to see that line-up........or see his stage presence..........

Deadly Embrace said:
You saw The Haunted with Peter Dolving?........Well they never toured America with him.......Where in Europe did you see them Off. Nice?......You peaked my curiousity?..........I never did get to see that line-up........or see his stage presence..........
I'm pretty certain I did see the Haunted open for someone in SF around
1999,2000 which would be the first record. I'm naturally assuming it's
Peter Dolving, since it was around the time period and the first record.

Will_Animated.gif

OfficerNice said:
I'm pretty certain I did see the Haunted open for someone in SF around
1999,2000 which would be the first record. I'm naturally assuming it's
Peter Dolving, since it was around the time period and the first record.

Will_Animated.gif
Yes The Haunted did play SF in 1999.......On The First Self Titled Album, their first US tour........they opened for Testament, I was on that tour........But that tour had Marco singing.......and Per drumming, both are'nt on the first album, but toured the record.........So you saw Marco..........Peter Dolving has never been to the US with The Haunted............

Deadly Embrace said:
Yes The Haunted did play SF in 1999.......On The First Self Titled Album, their first US tour........they opened for Testament, I was on that tour........But that tour had Marco singing.......and Per drumming, both are'nt on the first album, but toured the record.........So you saw Marco..........Peter Dolving has never been to the US with The Haunted............
Was that the Testament Aug 28 99 Filmore Show?

And BTW........Off Nice.......you never did get to see The Haunted's full line-up(on that tour at least).........One of the twins(Bass Player).......got real sick mid Tour, and had to fly back home, they still continued to play......but with no Bass Player at all.........They just turned up The Guitars!

Peter Dolving didn't do much live with The Haunted...he did a buncha shows in Sweden and a small tour of the UK with Napalm Death in 1998. That was it...Marco joined in early 1999 and Adrian even split soon after that...

The longest standing lineup was the one that did the 2 albums after...of course there was a period when Anders quit in the middle but he's back now so hehe...

Marco's a great singer/frontman and a friend and I have the higest regard for him, but I was always more into Peter's vocals and the first Haunted is one of my all time fave records.

I do envy anyone who's seen that original lineup with Peter and Adrian :p

Deadly Embrace said:
And BTW........Off Nice.......you never did get to see The Haunted's full line-up(on that tour at least).........One of the twins(Bass Player).......got real sick mid Tour, and had to fly back home, they still continued to play......but with no Bass Player at all.........They just turned up The Guitars!

HA HA! I was too drunk to notice!! With the information you've provided,
technically I've only seen 2/5 of the Haunted! Erk.

Hey do you have a setlist for Testaments show that night? Aug 28 99.

OfficerNice said:
HA HA! I was too drunk to notice!! With the information you've provided,
technically I've only seen 2/5 of the Haunted! Erk.

Hey do you have a setlist for Testaments show that night? Aug 28 99.
No I'm not an Testament encyclopedia.........I can barely remember how to get home, let alone what songs were played........thats impossible......:D