The Haunted part ways with singer Marco Aro

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
Updated: THE HAUNTED Rejoined By Original Singer! - Oct. 6, 2003

Swedish high-energy thrashers THE HAUNTED have officially parted ways with vocalist Marco Aro and have replaced him with his predecessor, the group's original frontman Peter Dolving (MARY BEATS JANE, THE PETER DOLVING BAND). Check out a new band photo at this location.

"The rock just does it for me!" Peter writes on his web site. "OK, it's official. I'll be joining THE HAUNTED again. Marco wanted to be a bricklayer and I'm getting my second kid so it seems a perfect thing for this time in my life (doing the DIY-thing really has you hanging by the skin of your teeth financially...). I joined the band for a couple of shows this summer and it worked out great, so I'm really looking forward to writing, recording and getting back out on the road with the band again. THE PETER DOLVING BAND will continue. We are recording the new album this winter and we'll tour when I'm not out with THE HAUNTED. As far as the NEW MARY BEATS JANE album, the songs are almost done and we begin rehearsing for the studio within the next couple of weeks. Holy shit, I'll be working hard over the next three years..."

"Being back in [THE HAUNTED] feels awesome," he added in an official press release. "I hope Marco gets a good life outside the music business. He's done one hell of a job, and has earned my deepest respect."

THE HAUNTED guitarist Patrik Jensen commented, "I was very sad to see Marco leave the band. However, I fully respect him for following his heart on what he felt needed to be done. We wish both him, and his family, all the best! We will definitely miss having him in the band. At the same time, I am very grateful to welcome Peter back into the THE HAUNTED. I think we all, including Marco, agree on that Peter is the perfect choice to pick up where Marco left off!"

THE HAUNTED have fulfilled their contractual obligations to Earache Records and are expected to sign a new record deal during the coming months. The group's last album, "One Kill Wonder", was released this past February.

Taken from Blabbermouth.net

I prefer marco but im glad they got peter back instead of getting someone new.

perhaps that is why they didnt make it back to n america this fall.

I prefer Marco, by alot.........but Marco has a wife & family, that always comes first, so this maybe the reason behind the spilt..........I've always had alot of admiration for him as a frontman, and as a person.........I wish him the best!
The Haunted will still be one of my favorites, lets see what happens......but I know this will only strenghten them as a band.

with marco the haunted sound like a normal metal band or a at the gates saga, but with peter is totally a different band, the self titled cd is the best thrash metal album is years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadly Embrace said:
I prefer Marco, by alot.........but Marco has a wife & family, that always comes first, so this maybe the reason behind the spilt..........I've always had alot of admiration for him as a frontman, and as a person.........I wish him the best!
The Haunted will still be one of my favorites, lets see what happens......but I know this will only strenghten them as a band.
WELL SAID DE!!!!

i don't mind saying i'm a little embarassed about this: i didn't know pete was MARY BEATS JANEs vocalist...i bought their self-titled cd right when it came out, and still dig it. had some great moments on that one. what do you guys think? was LOCUST similar? wow...it's a small metal world after all!

Dolving is the fucking man. S/T The Haunted is amazing! I can't wait to see him live singing new and old shit! Chasm!!!!!!!!!!!! And o shit is the next cd gonna be sick as fuck!!

start_06.jpg

This really surprised me.. while it will be fun to finally be able to see Dolving live with the band, I'd really gotten used to Marco and sorry to see him go. But I have no doubts the next album will crush.

dRIFTWOOD said:
i don't mind saying i'm a little embarassed about this: i didn't know pete was MARY BEATS JANEs vocalist...i bought their self-titled cd right when it came out, and still dig it. had some great moments on that one. what do you guys think? was LOCUST similar? wow...it's a small metal world after all!

Locust is different, maybe not as aggressive if you know what I mean? There's a certain energy in the material on the first one, but Locust is a strong album and Dolving does a great job with the vocals.

THE HAUNTED Guitarist Talks About Vocalist Change - Oct. 8, 2003

THE HAUNTED guitarist Patrik Jensen spoke to www.futhermocker.dk on Monday (October 6) about singer Marco Aro's departure from the group and the return of original vocalist Peter Dolving.

"Marco let us know about him leaving the band when we still had a few gigs left to do [as part of our last tour]," Jensen revealed. "He was of course fine with doing the remaining shows, but wanted to let us know in fairly good time before the last show, so we could start searching for a new singer as soon as possible... So, yes, Marco and the band knew that the show in Malmö [in August] was his last show before we got up on stage.

"We were, or at least I was, almost paralyzed for the first two weeks [after Marco left], not knowing where to look... I mean, just the feeling of members leaving the band, felt so frustrating...especially now, when we were finally free to get a new contract and everything. It felt like quitting on the finishing line to me at first...but this was a conscious thought from Marco's side. He wanted us to start fresh, with a singer that would be with the band for the long run...So, full respect once again to Marco. We had maybe one or two names we wanted to look into more carefully, but when we heard about Peter being interested, everything else was put on the backburner."

When asked if he was confident that Peter would be able to pull off singing in a more aggressive style after not playing in any heavy bands for so long, Jensen said, "Oh, I have no doubt in my mind at all about that. Peter is a really good singer...and if he has done anything to his voice between the time he left the band and now, is learning how to sing even better. I have total confidence in Peter's ability to take the band to the next level.

"Peter will be more involved in the writing process, as Peter lives here in Gothenburg (Marco lives in Stockholm, a five-hour drive away) So, saying that the songs will be more vocal orientated is not stretching it... Peter has a very wide range of vocals...so it'll be both aggressive and low-key vocals for sure."

THE HAUNTED, who have fulfilled their contractual obligations to Earache Records with the release of this year's "One Kill Wonder", hope to sign a new record deal during the coming months. The group's new studio album is not expected to surface before late spring/early summer.

From BlabberMouth.Net