Tribute to Marton Lopez thread - goodbye, you will be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.İ.P OPETH

i wrote this post couple months ago

"I don't believe(suprises me),people compare Axe and Lopez.

Lopez is more than a mere death metal drummer. I believe he is the best drummer in the
metal music industry. His contribution to Opeth is undiscussible. The people who think,
Axe will be able to replace his position, has ever paid attention his technique? he is neither
as fast as Lopez nor puts emotions into his playing the way Lopez does. He screws/messes up
all the slow parts. Don't forget this, Axe is just a regular metal drummer and he does his
job. Beating up the drum does not make a somebody better drummer.

I believe, Lopez is the most important person after Mikael Akerfeldt in Opeth.If Lopez
does not continue, it won't be as same as Anders leaving. The Metal world will lose the most
precious drummer.

I hope you may recover soon and return back!

By the way, I believe some people need to listen the albums after Morningrise had been release.
Especially Damnation and GR should be listen again."

i miss you so much martin.wish you best!

We'll miss ya Marton!

yamato1.png

There really isn't a need for this thread. I understand it's meant as a tribute, but it certainly won't be made sticky, as I doubt the band would want to be constantly reminded of his departure, and it's hardly fair to Axe.

If you have any kind wishes, or encouraging words, please post them in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.